When and why would you use the 8" coil on the AQ at the beach?  Is it strictly an in the water coil or does it have uses on the wet sand?

I used it a few times in close to shore at a small, simi-trashy beach., calmer brackish waters. I did not care for it, felt my excalibur 10 inch was better suited to work those areas. I did sell mine. Maybe Carolina can chime in for he hunts more "normal" beaches than I do...

I think?..  they went with the 8 to help those that were having issues with rough salty waters shore lines? I know at one time it was to be a 10 inch which I would have rather had..........  From what I heard it did help a few that were getting a lot of falsing at the water line and in the saltwater. 

I do know my friend Mike, who has a stock large coil on his AQ did a trip to the ocean ..OC Md... and said the AQ was a bear in the surf lane.. very noisy. Water is very rough their. 

I can get closer to the storm water drain pipes that empty on the beaches with the 8 inch than with the big coil. Sometimes goodies hide close to the pipes. That said, I can get closer to the pipes with the Excal 10 inch than the AQ 8 inch.

• Like 1