I wonder if this is how it's going to be from now on, this is their new sales style and the make an offer technique becomes the norm, people pay what they'll pay for their detectors.  Some inevitably will pay more by not knowing anything and just buying thinking the price is already cheap because the ads indicate the prices are slashed anyway, others will snag a bargain by knowing what's happening and offering the lowest minimum accepted offer.

They'll probably sell more detectors each month doing this especially in their higher end models than they have in the past decade as Ebay gives them a lot of exposure and everyone loves to think they've got a bargain.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Interesting. I merely looked at the eBay page for the AQ and got this email today from FT. I made no offer or anything, just viewed the page. Now it’s them making the offer, and I assume I could counteroffer. They are really trying hard to get rid of these.

IMG_4877.jpeg

I did the same thing you did and just looked at the eBay ad. I received the same $1399 offer. 

In this advert: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134989348535 the asking price is $1,999.00 and the shipping to the UK varies from US $658.19 (approx £523.81) to US $803.83 (approx £639.71) .

I have queried First Texas about the crazy shipping charges generated on eBay, but no response as yet.

Can you help me with clarifying a few things please?

At the start of the description it says “Introducing the Fisher Impulse Limited “; so this is the model that was limited to a production of a 100 and were mainly offered to ;experienced' users in the USA? Yes/No. I couldn't get one in the UK despite having a substantial beach treasure now in a national museum in the UK.

I read that the Limited edition had major failings: potentiometers, cables, waterproofness and poor battery life. So, if the item for sale is one of the initial 100, these feature failings will be present in the item from this advert'? Yes/No.

In the description it says: “The adjustable Pulse Delay ranges from 7μs to 11.5μs “ but in the picture of the item, the label circling the delay knob goes from 7uS to 11.5uS, so where are the missing increments to 15uS? Does this unit actually got to 15uS and if so how on earth does a user know on a beach at which delay he/she is setting the delay to?

If it does not go to 15uS, then this is surely very wrong!

Is there a newer version of the detector where the issues previously mentioned have been addressed and rectified? Yes/No.

Is this model for sale and how is it identified by name: Mk2, AQ Final, something else?

Perhaps my memory fails me, but did the original/first lot of detectors actually have either LTD or Limited printed on the control box?

Sorry this is so long, but it will certainly help me plus no doubt others as clarification of the above points will of course help immensely in the decision making process of whether to get a flawed 'Limited' model or not even despite maybe getting one at a reduced price.

Regards,

Rog

Shipping.jpg

1 hour ago, Roger said:

In this advert: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134989348535 the asking price is $1,999.00 and the shipping to the UK varies from US $658.19 (approx £523.81) to US $803.83 (approx £639.71) .

I have queried First Texas about the crazy shipping charges generated on eBay, but no response as yet.

At the start of the description it says “Introducing the Fisher Impulse Limited “; so this is the model that was limited to a production of a 100 and were mainly offered to ;experienced' users in the USA? Yes/No. I couldn't get one in the UK despite having a substantial beach treasure now in a national museum in the UK.

I read that the Limited edition had major failings: potentiometers, cables, waterproofness and poor battery life. So, if the item for sale is one of the initial 100, these feature failings will be present in the item from this advert'? Yes/No.

In the description it says: “The adjustable Pulse Delay ranges from 7μs to 11.5μs “ but in the picture of the item, the label circling the delay knob goes from 7uS to 11.5uS, so where are the missing increments to 15uS? Does this unit actually got to 15uS and if so how on earth does a user know on a beach at which delay he/she is setting the delay to?

Is there a newer version of the detector where the issues previously mentioned have been addressed and rectified? Yes/No.

Is this model for sale and how is it identified by name: Mk2, AQ Final, something else?

Perhaps my memory fails me, but did the original/first lot of detectors actually have either LTD or Limited printed on the control box?

Sorry this is so long, but it will certainly help me plus no doubt others as clarification of the above points will of course help immensely in the decision making process of whether to get a flawed 'Limited' model or not even despite maybe getting one at a reduced price.

Regards,

Rog

Shipping.jpg

Roger,

Everything you need to know is here.....better start reading.

Warts and all.

11 hours ago, Roger said:

Actually all we can do is speculate, and have, at the link Tony provided. What FT is currently advertising in their website appears no different than the model originally sold three years ago. Ultimately the questions you are asking can only be answered authoritatively by First Texas themselves. I recommend you send your message to them to find out for sure what’s going on. Having an answer in writing from them could prove very useful to anyone thinking of buying an AQ at this time. If you get those answers I know I and quite a few others would love to hear what they are. Thanks.

Thank you Tony and Steve.  I've caught up on the reading now.  I see several anomalies with the First Texas website  I have just been to the 'Store' section: https://firsttexasproducts.com/collections/metal-detectors  and there are 10 models listed and no AQ there.

I am going to contact them and may just as well copy and paste my questions I previously asked on here to them.  I still have not had a reply to my question on postage.  What's the betting I will not have a reply......

No AQ in Store.jpg

Steve, I have done as you suggested.  I'm curious as to why it seems nobody has asked pertinent questions to FT before now, well I cant find any mention anywhere, so here is what I've sent to First Texas.

Subject: Impulse AQ: True details and clarification please.

Can you please provide true and correct details of several unclear issues regarding the facts of the Impulse AQ detector.

There have been hundreds, if not thousands of comments in forums regarding this machine, mostly conjecture and speculation.  I am looking for some clarification please.

I posted the following on this website forum and it was suggested I ask you directly and this I do here: https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/25921-new-aq-ltd-1300/page/4/#comment-274428 may I direct you to the 3rd post down by myself, Roger.

Here is the text in full, plus I have attached the eBay shipping costs I have previously asked you about.  I also attach a screenshot of your store where there is no listing of an Impulse AQ. Why is this?

"In this advert: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134989348535 the asking price is $1,999.00 and the shipping to the UK varies from US $658.19 (approx £523.81) to US $803.83 (approx £639.71) .

At the start of the description it says “Introducing the Fisher Impulse Limited “; so this is the model that was limited to a production of a 100 and were mainly offered to ;experienced' users in the USA? Yes/No.

I couldn't get one in the UK despite having a massive beach treasure now in a national museum in the UK.

Sorry this is so long, but it will certainly help me plus no doubt others in clarifying the above points which will of course help immensely in the decision of whether to get a flawed 'Limited' model or not even despite maybe getting one at a reduced price.

Regards,

Rog"

First Texas, I look forward to hearing from you with the facts regarding your product at your earliest convenience; may I suggest withing 5 working days.

Regards,

Roger Howells

44 minutes ago, Roger said:

I'm curious as to why it seems nobody has asked pertinent questions to FT before now

I can't answer for others. The main problem for me I guess is I am pretty sure I already know the answers so why bother? In my opinion FT is just pawning off the same machine they have been selling for a couple years now and any hope that this is some new improved version - let's just say I'm doubtful. Fact is I have zero intention of getting one of these machines so it is not a critical question for me and I have better things to do with my time. Practically everyone I might have asked in the past has been fired or quit the company. Also, the FT website and their push to sell this machine at extra discount is very new, and before a couple weeks ago there was very little interest from anyone on the subject of what FT is or is not selling now. Honestly, the question you are asking applies as much to you as anyone. Only now have you decided it's worth your time to ask, but I guess that still puts you ahead of the rest of us. :smile:

Maybe @The_Stalker who originated this thread and appears to be the only person who ordered one at a discount recently might know.

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Only now have you decided it's worth your time to ask, but I guess that still puts you ahead of the rest of us. 

Its only in the last few days I have been remotely interested (mention of ebay sale and reduced price) since when they were initially put on the market I made an enquiery and was told they wouldn't sell to me in UK. 

Regards,

Rog

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Its only in the last few days I have been remotely interested (mention of ebay sale and reduced price) since when they were initially put on the market I made an enquiery and was told they wouldn't sell to me in UK. 

Regards,

Rog

Yeah, see that mirrors all of us. This really all started on April 2 when this thread popped up. I sure hope you get answers that satisfy you as I remember your frustration out of being shut out of the machine originally. Maybe it will have been worth the wait as possibly being able to get a better machine for less now. I can assure you the AQ is a real sweetie for actual performance, great depth, absolutely superb audio - very important for somebody like me that hunts by ear with a PI. I admit to being hugely tempted, thought about offering $1200, but to be honest I’m still pissed off they never released the upgraded drop in battery model as promised, and I don’t like rewarding bad behavior with more of my dollars. Maybe shooting myself in the foot I guess, but I get in a snit about stuff like that. :laugh: