Hope Fisher is still around to honor the 2 year warranty on this machine, with the potential problems it can have, that warranty comes in very handy..😉

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I totally hope it is the end of the AQ and it is replaced with the machine we were promised and deserve. I sold my AQ for no reason other than the replacement was said to be right around the corner. Three years and I'm still waiting, but hoping that wait will not go on forever. I'm cautiously optimistic the extra wait will have been worth it.

Honestly, I do not expect to see anything else on the AQ .. one reason I got a second machine. 

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I doubt you'd be buying one anyway, postage is a bit questionable.

Postage.thumb.jpg.0c7c5858f4cae3b144a263d71d3ddb79.jpg

Free shipping in the US

SNAG-0000.jpg

7 hours ago, Tony said:

Just to clarify.....Eric had/borrowed an AQ for quite some time so he was able to cast a keen eye over the whole detector and carry out extensive testing on many parameters regarding the detector and coils. He went on build far superior 8" coils for a few people in the USA. This is also when he discovered a multitude of problems with the detector.

I have one of Erics coils, 10 inch..no doubt my favorite. Not because of who made it but I like the size. Performance is right on track for its size compared to the Fisher coils. 

I remember Carolina sent his AQ over to Eric. Maybe Carolina will share the story of getting it back, cute story. 

For sure Eric is missed. 

4 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Hope Fisher is still around to honor the 2 year warranty on this machine, with the potential problems it can have, that warranty comes in very handy..😉

Fisher is not going anywhere. What should be more concerning is what the out of warranty cost of repair will be on these machines, that will fail sooner rather than later.

I called fisher to see if this was legit. The woman couldn’t answer my question and told me someone would get back to me. 
That was two days ago never herd anything and my eBay offer expired 

19 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Hope Fisher is still around to honor the 2 year warranty on this machine, with the potential problems it can have, that warranty comes in very handy

They usually offer a 5 year warranty on the other detectors they sell and on the Impulse they only are offering a 2 year warranty.  

15 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

They usually offer a 5 year warranty on the other detectors they sell and on the Impulse they only are offering a 2 year warranty.  

With the sub standard engineering (especially the Potentiometers) and a saltwater environment........I'm surprised they even offered 2 years. That's it from me on this subject........I know a lot of what I said isn't very complimentary but someone new to the scene might be spared a lot of heartache if they get onboard with this detector.....and not knowing the big picture.

15 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

For sure Eric is missed. 

Absolutely he will be. Something that will never be realised is that Eric was working on a new Aquastar PI detector. He had a basic schematic somewhere and it was going to be as tough as his original Aquastar but in a much smaller case. 15 volts, 10uS - 30uS delay.....drawing about 750mA. Rated to 100m in a custom polycarbonate case. It would have been totally awesome.

I think the case was going to be cylindrical.......and most likely from Blue Robotics. All controls and switch gear marine standard and rated as per the case.

https://bluerobotics.com/product-category/watertight-enclosures/locking-series/