I Found A Gopro!

NCtoad

Yesterday, since the temps were supposed to reach around 60 degrees, I decided to hunt the tubing creek where I recently found a gold ring.  This time the water was up higher than the last time and there were a lot more people fishing.  So I decided I would the section of stream where the tubing begins.  It’s a wider slow, deep area that has a sandy bottom.  I ended finding  a lot of split shot sinkers, a few pulltabs and about a $1.50 in change.  I was starting to get cold and was heading back to the put-in area when I got a banging 88 on the D2.  I was thinking smashed aluminum can.  Well, I dug down three scoops in the sand and out comes this black box. Right away I knew it was a gopro and looking at it closer I saw Gopro on the front and Black 7 on the side. 

Having absolutely no experience with any gopro, I had to go online and find the instructions to figure out how to charge it.  It takes a usc-c cord and I have one so when I plugged it in it instantly came on!   However the touchscreen did work at first, but is getting to not work so good now.  The battery compartment was completely dry and the battery was dated 2018.  It will charge, but seems to lose the charge overnight.  I actually took some pics and a video when it was working well.  It also has a front screen but it wasn’t working at first and looked slightly cloudy, but now, as the rear touchscreen isn’t working, the front screen has come on and looks perfectly clear.  I’m going to let it sit for a few days and charge it back up.  Heck, I even got the voice commands to work at first.  They’re intermittently working now.  

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4320.jpeg

IMG_4324.jpeg

It may have some type of video on it that might show the owner.

Good find and good luck on your next hunt.

Wow NC, the 7 is an older model, I think they're up to 12 now. 🤔

Did it have any saved video on it? 😀

That's really a testament to how good those cameras are. Cool find!

Nice find - those are pricey. Still on my bucket list. 

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

It may have some type of video on it that might show the owner.

Good find and good luck on your next hunt.

I think there is video from the original owner on it but I can’t access it.  The touch screen isn’t functioning like it should. 

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow NC, the 7 is an older model, I think they're up to 12 now. 🤔

Did it have any saved video on it? 😀

That's really a testament to how good those cameras are. Cool find!

Yeah I was impressed that it even turned on!   However the touchscreen has gotten worse.  There’s some moisture inside as I can see a little bit of fogging on under the lens. Maybe it will dry out after a while and start working properly again. 

Cool find, NCt! Well done! 😎

Try putting it in a baggie of uncooked rice for a day or two and see if it starts working correctly. Also, isn't there a SD card in it, usually near to where the battery plugs in?