Manticore's Excellent Emi Handling

I took this video a couple of weeks ago when I took my Manticore to a hilltop I'd found gold at before, I actually did best at this spot using the GPX 6000 and its 14" DD coil as I was able to detect right under the lines with good success finding 5 bits from memory on the ground directly under the lines.  The spot has old workings and no doubt hit quite heavily being pretty accessible and even when I went there recently there was new dig holes from someone which is quite unusual in my area but the powerlines scare the detectors away so the dig holes were far enough away from the powerlines for me to know the ground I was hunting hasn't been hit very hard at all 🙂

A year or so ago when I took the 6000 here I also had the Equinox 800 and multi frequency was just not usable under the lines, the detector was so unstable I had to lower the sensitivity to the point it wasn't worth even trying to stay in multi, so I used 40kHz but still had to lower the sensitivity quite a bit, so I was taken by surprise when the Manticore could run such high sensitivity in 40kHz, then I thought I'd be brave and try multi, and to my surprise it worked very well, it was stable enough at 20 sensitivity to use.  Note I didn't even noise cancel, this is just how it switched on.

These lines are particularly close to the ground, closer to the ground that normal residential street powerlines even though they're high voltage from a Hyrdo Dam, the reason for this is they're on a hilltop right as the hill drops into a deep steep gully and the lines are on these unusual poles as it's the point where they cross the deep gully.  It feels like you could pick up a long stick off a tree and hit the lines if you tried, they're very close to you.

If there is one thing significantly improved with the Manticore over the Equinox, it's the ability of it to handle higher EMI situations.