AlgoForce E1500

From https://phasetechnical.com.au/detectors/

Minelab SDC 2300 AUD $4565

GPX 5000 AUD $5499

GPX 6000 AUD $8999

From https://www.prospectorspatch.com.au/product/garrett-axiom-metal-detector/

Garrett Axiom AUD $7199

And now we have the AlgoForce E1500 at AUD $2275. If it is even just a match for the Axiom it is a game changer, and if it is better well them it is a GPX 6000 for 1/4 the price!

• Like 9

Hopefully he did not sign a non compete. 😅 I'd be interested in how much battery life it draws, since you are supplying it with a battery bank. How it handles EMI would be the next interesting thing.

• Like 1

Just remember to add the price of coil, battery & headphones - still a good price , especially if you already have these items in your kit.

• Like 1

The guy listened to detector users the world over too, not to include coils as we will have our own already or we will buy what suits our needs, not what they supply.  Keeps the price down.  He also didn't include some stupidly expensive battery, we can supply our own battery banks, this makes global shipping very easy too.

This is big news, and a big blow to Minelab's pricing structure, and what Garrett should have done when it comes to price.

I'll be ordering one that's for sure! I have lots of great GPX coils... X-coils need to start making GPX coils again now this is coming to market, if it sells well which it should GPX coils will be in high demand again.  

All the coil manufacturers will benefit from this, although many have cut their range of coils or eliminated most entirely. 

They registered the business in May 2021, so it's had a few years in development.

• Like 8

A non compete clause is usually for a set period of time and that he is out of contract now.

• Like 2

This thread may need some updating Steve...

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

we can supply our own battery banks

Absolutely.  Even if a battery bank only lasts 3 hours that is fine. They are as cheap as chips, easy to swap over and easy to carry a couple of extras whilst recharging the used ones.  

It is interesting that Nenad is the dealer.  We would love to hear from you @PhaseTech   There seems to be some interesting additional settings on the AlgoForce.  Strange name though??  

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Four detection modes - Ultra-Fine, Fine, Normal, Large (Salt)

I was a bit concerned that it was possibly only good for small coils/fast time constant gold.  Maybe not?  

• Like 1

For now it only looks like it will only ship to Australia. I just tried to order one. But apparently they have stock to ship. Too bad would love to try one out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, abenson said:

For now it only looks like it will only ship to Australia. I just tried to order one. But apparently they have stock to ship. Too bad would love to try one out.

They may be seeking U.S. dealers and usually you limit dealers to selling only in their own country or region, so not surprising. But what is best is none of that vaporware new detector coming wait forever routine we have been saddled with as of late. :smile:

• Like 7