AlgoForce E1500

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm waiting for the E2500 already then dangit. 😄

Still a pretty interesting machine at $1500, kinda still want one just to keep 24/7 in my truck instead of the 6000. Much less money to lose if a theft occurs, and still looks capable as an exploration prospecting machine. 

Thanks for reporting testing. I'm still very interested to see how the conductive TID does though, especially on US-specific constant geometry/alloy targets like shell casings, pellets, bullets, etc and how it varies in different soils/depths. Also how much the TID varies over nuggets. 

Ok, the Algoforce has arrived, first impressions from just carrying the parcel from the door to the table to open it up, this thing is amazingly light, it weights nothing, it makes the 6000 feel super heavy.

IMG_1515.thumb.jpg.e467e88ad1c0a3d6e2faf9834132932c.jpg

This is it all packaged up in it's supplied bag next to the 6000 which is reduced down in size a bit for storage.

IMG_1516.thumb.jpg.97dd238911eb2a4ffb1f471a151769b1.jpg

The contents of the package.

and once I've put it all together, only took a couple of minutes, most challenging part is the coil connector, having that line up while also getting the bolt in is a bit of a challenge, especially with the X-coil that has a super solid coil ears so you can't flex them out to push it in, I thought I was going to have to file some plastic off the X-coils ears but after some messing around I found if you slide in it from the back rather than push it in from the top it fits.  The coil connector is rather unusual, it doesn't use rubbers, it has a different surface that seems to do the same job.

IMG_1517.thumb.jpg.f91d9c89e4f4cf4ce60db7b2112cde3d.jpg

It is certainly a lot deeper in normal modes rather than the fine modes on coins etc, I tested a $1 coin to get an idea of its target ID, then I went out into my yard where I have a couple of deep coins buried, about 20 to 25cm, using the 10" spiral coil I was able to detect them easily, but also get a pretty good stable accurate ID on them, I'm just in early experimenting and I'll do video soon once I am a bit more confident with the buttons and navigating the menu's, I've only had it fired up for about 15 minutes.  It's simple to calibrate coils, takes seconds, then you can edit the sizes, I had to of course add my 10" into it

I'll upload some video in a couple of hours once I've had some time on it.  The quick start guide is a handy resource for the menus and button picture definitions when learning it.

By the way, it's great with EMI, I can run it in my house, even next to my high-powered router and it's fine, a little chirpy but remarkably stable.  It has nice audio, a stable threshold and a screen that's super easy to see in the sun.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'll upload some video in a couple of hours once I've had som

You will be the first with video, as I haven't found any videos on it yet. Looking forward to it as I bet many others are too.  

27 minutes ago, phrunt said:

By the way, it's great with EMI, I can run it in my house, even next to my high-powered router and it's fine, a little chirpy but remarkably stable.  It has nice audio, a stable threshold and a screen that's super easy to see in the sun.

Everyone will enjoy this feature, especially the beach hunters.

AlgoForce don't need a marketing campaign ..they have Simon, we are all following...perhaps they should have given him his Detector to show the machine in practice....Well done Simon...you must have a more understanding wife than me with your Detector expenses...I have to convince my wife all my gear ,""I've had for ages"...Lmao.

39 minutes ago, Eurekalarry said:

.I have to convince my wife all my gear ,""I've had for ages"...Lmao.

I dread the day my wife realizes LEAD isn't really worth $100/oz 😁

Yea I can't talk to myself, looking forward to a few more people swinging them 🙂

30 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They are all tagged, all you have to do is click the tag and you get them all

I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks! Thanks