Website Rollback - New Update ×

Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

Thanks Nenad. Really interesting. I hope it will make it to the US eventually. But no match to the 6k or Axiom from what I understand.

GC

• Like 1

I got quite excited about this detector...but then I saw Nenad's post and echoes of QED started to appear. A 'tiny gold only' machine and grab-only ground balance.... ?  Sounds like another typical 'egg head' genius electronics engineer with zero real-world understanding of the machine's use in the field, nor what gold prospectors actually want. It may still provide some benefit if it can detect tiny gold (sizes or shapes) that other PI's cannot hear, provided the ground balance system can cope. Its cheap price and sensible adaptability for coils and power supply is a nice step though.  I think I was praying that the holy grail detector was now on the market, but instead it sounds like a tin cup. Think I'll hang onto my 6000 and continue to patiently wait for Nokta to either surprise or disappoint. 

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

I got quite excited about this detector...but then I saw Nenad's post and echoes of QED started to appear

I feel the same after Nenad's honest appraisal.......I don't think Minelab will be losing sleep over this.

With that being said, there is an awful lot to like with this detector and it will be a very good match for a lot of people.

For me personally, I just can't see myself using a machine biased towards small gold (at the expense of potentially bigger stuff)......I know of a few prospecting friends still consistently finding (deep) ounce+ pieces here in WA.

Looks like no "AlgaeSauce" for me ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, karelian said:

I hope this machine succeeds and the company goes on to bigger and better. It's price point does not challenge the leaders in the game, it is a much lower priced option. I'm old enough to remember when MInelab started out with VLF machines and then succeeded with their PI machines. Starting at a lower price is a smart move for a company given the dominance of the competion.  Ground grab is a step up for some of us on a PI, coming from older White's Tdi machines. Quality of manufacture, operational stability, accuracy of the ground balance, performance in the field are other factors and the real important questions for me. For operators of the latest Minelab machines this machine is a step back, but at this price point some of us are  still interested. For the money I do not expect a 'Holy Grail' detector, but I do like what I see and find myself interested in the potential.   It is what it is, not a Minelab.. Size, weight, power and coil options all combine to make a light weight budget PI. I for one can live without ground tracking if a ground grab function is stable and accurate. Very early days and looking forward to user experience and videos. As an Australian I hope we have another successful metal detector manufacturer following in the footsteps of Minelab. Healthy competition, local jobs and it is just all good for electronic prospects to have more budget friendly options.

All the best.

Totally agree, could not have said it better myself! :smile:

• Like 1