A Long Awaited AlgoForce E1500 Video

My Algoforce arrived a couple of hours ago, I had a quick refresher flick through the Quick start guide that came in the box and had a play around, to my surprise I could use it inside my house on default sensitivity and it was quite stable, I was able to test some coins on it for target ID and mess around learning the menu navigation.  It's a puzzle at first as you need to remember the irons purposes, most icons are a giveaway as to what they do and the screen even tells you which ones to press on certain screens.  So far first impressions on usability is for a detector with settings like this, it's very easy to use.  I was able to configure my 10" X-coil on it in no time without the need for the instructions.  It quickly calibrates to coils, a couple of seconds if that and you can store their size in there so you can easily go back to them, it comes pre-configured with a few common coils.

IMG_1515.thumb.jpg.e467e88ad1c0a3d6e2faf9834132932c.jpg

It comes with this cool bag to lug it around in, I shouldn't say lug it around as it weighs nothing, it's super light and makes the 6000 feel heavy.  The 6000 in the picture is shrunken down a bit for storage but was put there for a bit of a size reference.

IMG_1516.thumb.jpg.97dd238911eb2a4ffb1f471a151769b1.jpg

This is the contents of the package.  All very professionally made, the look and feel is a long way different to the more homemade feel of the QED, a similar priced PI machine.

IMG_1517.thumb.jpg.f91d9c89e4f4cf4ce60db7b2112cde3d.jpg

And it all assembled with the 10" X-coil on it and configured.  It's really easy to assemble, It takes a bit of getting used to the coil connector, it's different that's for sure, I'm sure if someone didn't like it they could put a GPX 5000 one into the shaft as I'm pretty sure you can buy the part but it worked fine and once, I knew what I was doing it did the trick, it doesn't use coil rubbers, a different design entirely but it does work and is probably perfectly fine, I'm just not used to it and with X-coils have very solid ears they don't flex out to fit it between them, at first I didn't think it fit the X-coils but I worked out if you slide them in from the back they fit, trying to get them in from the top of the ears is impossible.  

Maybe X-coils need to adjust their coils for an extra millimetre or two of width on the ears to make it an easier fit.  I'll discuss this with them as they are resuming production of their GPX coils due to this detector hitting the market.

Now, I filmed some video, it is very raw, my usual style of no editing and what you see is what you get, in the video you're seeing what I saw the first time doing it, I'd not even tested the nuggets I went over prior to filming.  I'd just checked a couple to ensure it even worked 🙂

I'd used the detector for about 10 minutes at home in total before filming the video so be gentle, I'm just learning it.

I will say for a fact it's more sensitive to small gold than the GPX 5000, some of these nuggets I used in the video the 5000 can't hit on at all.  It's also more sensitive than the QED by a significant margin.  

I tested on a $1 coin, and had the target ID then I went into my yard where a couple of $1 coins are buried, and it was able to ID them very well, with a stable ID, I was quite surprised by this and I have to go back out with a VLF and double check it all and get some video.

This is all very early days, but I'm certainly happy with it, it handles EMI so well for a PI , better than anything I've used before, and I think even for someone that just has a GPX 4500/5000 it would be a big compliment to it being more sensitive and picking up the gold the 5000 misses due to it being porous or just generally weak on, and for anyone not wanting to pay the crazy Minelab pricing for a 6000 or 7000 it's a bargain.

On lead shotgun pellets it's similar to the 6000, neither will hit the #9 pellet but as the sizes increase both are the same with the pellets they will detect.  I've not checked depths or anything yet just ability to hit them comes in at the same size pellet.

I have so much to experiment on it yet, but happy with it for sure.

The videos currently still processing by Youtube to HD but the SD version looks available now. I haven't even watched the video myself, this is raw as it gets.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Phrunt. You did it, you are the first one to record a video with it! Congrats. Good first impression! I noticed a slight latency in signal response when you went over the little nuggets. Am I just hearing that because of the video?

GC

Nope, stupid wind blowing over from Australia giving us a heatwave!  I didn't realize how bad the wind sounded as I haven't watched the video yet.  A quick flick through and fortunately at least the targets can be heard. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks, Phrunt. You did it, you are the first one to record a video with it! Congrats. Good first impression! Did I notice a slight latency in signal response when you went over the little nuggets?

GC

I would guess that's the spiral coil, the centre of the coil is the hottest part on tiny targets, not edges like on a bundle coil.  You'll see that when I put the little nugget down almost touching the coil nearer to the edge and nothing yet in the middle, I can go over the shaft mount.  Handy for pinpointing 🙂

As your near harshest critic, top vid I watched it to the end which is unusual for me, a few of us organized that wind from over the ditch here, you should have not told us the E1500 was coming today👺. Tis an impressive detector in all-round usability, stability, sensitivity etc. I know I shake my head and wonder why it took a new Manufacturer to listen to what our Moderator tried to tell the other established manufacturers over and over for years. I`m excited with this Algoforces first, what is next? although I suspect they`ll be head down and a... up keeping up with demand.