Some Things To Take Note Of With The Algoforce

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

What an awesome idea for a cheap cover for it, looks great, I'll keep an eye out for a similar thing when I go to the shops. 

Yea I was hoping to utilise the zipper but end up cutting it off with the scissors . A lot better fit.

I've got to track down some of them USB plugs for the unused ports on the power bank. 

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

Thanks Simon,  all very good points.  With the coil cable , I've tried the clips, the Velcro fasteners ,and keep going back to good old fashioned electrical tape.

100% this! Nice and stretchy, locks the cable in place, and comes off clean. Any sticky residue is easily removed with a bit of WD40 on paper towel. With Velcro wraps, you really need a strip of stick on Velcro on the shaft, and then wrap the velcro strap on this. This way it won't spin. 

Most MINELAB DEALERS have the cable clips you talking about and I know Rob Allison has them  because I’ve got them from him before.

Chuck 

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, that's true, a lot of the ones coming out of the Chinese marketplaces like Aliexpress say they're 500,000 mAH so would last a week to a month on your Algoforce yet they'll go flat in less than a day 🙂  It's best to stick to the reputable brand names, that's why I went Belkin, I trust their products.  Most computer retailers or mobile phone type stores should sell good quality brand name ones.   

An example of a fake rated one from Aliexpress

batterybankfake.thumb.jpg.681cf33c60b30a625c39749241c6ee63.jpg

14 USD for one that claims 100000mAH 😛 That'd run the detector for months..... or about 3 hours.

Definite typo - I have a similar clone one to that and it's 10000mAH

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Definite typo - I have a similar clone one to that and it's 10000mAH

Nope, not a typo 🙂 Look at this beauty.

200000.thumb.jpg.7606b62ef860faa5bff56895fd325b57.jpg

May be compatible for electric cars!!🤔😜

Great report(s) Simon, thanks!👍

Fortunately or unfortunately, I think it will be awhile to make it into the states! But at least any bugs, and many demo videos will be out by then!🍀👍👍

2 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

100% this! Nice and stretchy

2 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

and keep going back to good old fashioned electrical tape.

Also agree, 

UPC tape for less residue or just plain electrical tape.

The hard clips tend to still spin and actually makes dents into the softer coil cables, eventually creating a possible weak point or wire break.  :cool:

Forgot about that!👍 One of the reasons I stopped using them on any cables; especially older "seasoned" ones, and stuck with the velcro or tape!!🍀👍👍

Someone needs to come up with a hard rubber clip 😉 or something better than the plastic gizmos.  I like the electrical tape idea except I change coils way too often so that would get a bit annoying.   Maybe a 2 part plastic gadget that has a nylon thumb screw that you put into it, to take it off it undo the thumb screw and it splits in half, and it goes around the shaft with a tube like gap in it for the coil cable to sit into.  Doc could come up with something surely. 🙂

It's mostly spiral coil users that will be bothered by it, it's not near as bad on the Sadie which I assume would be the most sensitive of the bundle coils, unless someone still has a 6" Coiltek round like JW has got, it might be equally or more sensitive.

Gotta have another funny name, or it's not Doc's!😆👍👍