Some Things To Take Note Of With The Algoforce

58 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

With all the excitement going on about this new detector we may find out how low Minelab can sell the 6000 .

I really don’t believe Minelab is happy about this and find it harder they’ll do nothing.

This is the best thing for all us customers is heavy competition between detector companies.

Chuck 

Someone needs to give us an 'estimate' of hardware costs for the components of these detectors.  What percentage of the final sales price is it?  We will then know a bit more about the R&D 'mark-up' associated with the final price which has to include profits.  Without profits there won't be any follow-up or service deep pockets to correct problems.

I buy phones that are in the $100-$150 range that brand names like Apple and Samsung sell for $800 plus.  This means that the components must only cost $20-30 ... $50?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

I used to put heat shrink over the cable and shaft with my favourite coils. Permanent solution,  but I had plenty of lower shafts back then. 

Now with only the 1 lower shaft for my 6000 and 1 for the E15000 something more temporary is needed.

Typo ... E15000

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nope, not a typo 🙂 Look at this beauty.

200000.thumb.jpg.7606b62ef860faa5bff56895fd325b57.jpg

So blatantly fake, then.  I know power bank suppliers do a lot of embellishing on mAh numbers but this is ridiculous.  But I guess they get plenty of suckers to fall for this baloney without any consequences to the supplier, so why not.  Same deal on the ridiculous storage capacity claims on counterfeit/fake memory cards.  Although unlike memory card fakes, proving the bogus mAh claims are false are difficult for the average consumer to prove.  Just ridiculous.  SMH.

As far as power banks go, I like Anker and Ugreen products as a good balance of decent cost, performance to claims, features, and quality hardware.  When dealing with power banks exposed to the elements, built-in protective features are very important to ensure you don't end up with a flamethrower under your elbow.  LiIon tech is very unforgiving when not handled properly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

What an awesome idea for a cheap cover for it, looks great, I'll keep an eye out for a similar thing when I go to the shops.   The one in my cupboard might be a bit embarassing.

IMG_1571.thumb.jpg.b3e4a94ce17a0800a2e227a31a909748.jpg

No question who owns it though...eh? 🤣

• Haha 2

It's OK if Simon decides to sport a little "colorful flare" on his detectors! Next thing that may happen is his daughter bejewels️ some of his detectors! We will still like him anyways!  😜👍👍

20 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

100% this! Nice and stretchy, locks the cable in place, and comes off clean. Any sticky residue is easily removed with a bit of WD40 on paper towel.

Look into Self Fusion tape.  Zero residue.  It is more expensive than electrical tape so may not be a good choice if your changing coils a lot.   I have been using this Fusion (Silicone) tape for years.

https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Silicone-Fusing-1-Inch-36-Foot/dp/B01N7KC62D/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=Y9Wzo&content-id=amzn1.sym.35cab78c-35e3-4fc1-aab0-27eaa6c86063%3Aamzn1.symc.e5c80209-769f-4ade-a325-2eaec14b8e0e&pf_rd_p=35cab78c-35e3-4fc1-aab0-27eaa6c86063&pf_rd_r=50A33M0DTKFMDGVMRK4E&pd_rd_wg=fhfKP&pd_rd_r=f6fd3c84-232e-4a24-ab03-d49774039b92&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

• Like 2

Hi, may have been answered already but there's so many pages of stuff I may have missed it.

Is the bottom shaft the same diameter as the Minelab ones so I could use the longer one I kept from my 5000 on it? I find the industry standard length ones and will the overall length of this 1500 a bit too short. All Minelab machines over the years have been too short for me and I used longer lower shafts on them all. I'll definitely need to use a longer shaft than the supplied one this has. Cheers.

It's lower shaft is 20mm, the same as my GPX 5000's shaft, but my 5000's on an aftermarket carbon shaft, the good bit about it means if people dislike the different coil connection method where you have to line it up in 2 places and prefer the GPX style they could use GPX 5000 lower shafts by the looks of it, I can't find my standard one to measure it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doc's GPX 5000 lower shafts measure 19mm in diameter.