Gold, Silver, Relics, Watches And A 1970's Military ID (returned)

I'm back again. This was maybe my 3rd and 4th hunt for the year back in early Jan. 

To keep it short (i'm supposed to be working lol)

Was gonna go back in the water where I found the large 22ct ring in my last post, but wifey convinced me to drop her off at "our good spot" before I went there. Not wanting to leave her alone, I decided to just hang out and do the same spot. Especially after seeing the washout on the shore which had already uncovered at a 1/2 tide. 

Once it got down to almost the lowest point, we went out in to the water. Immediately, bang, bang, bang, rings, watches, silver, bracelets, you name it! Hell, she even found a Google phone!! Although there wasn't much left of it. 

The silver dumbbell thing is actually a early 1900s sterling silver baby rattle! You'd think after doing this same spot for 3 years I would've uncovered such a large silver target already, but apparently not. It was really deep under the rocks. 

Anyhow, I think we went out for 2 nights, maybe 3, and this is my haul. See the shiny ring next to the coin? (not the flat shaped one, the one above it) God I thought that was gold! It was stained by the yellow clay and came up BRAND NEW. Most silver we find is tarnished, like the others you see, but this one must have only been there a few days. It rang up super high though, which immediately told me it was probably gold plated silver. When I got home, the yellow stain buffed off and yeah it's super clean 925 silver. 

The RAAF tag was cool. After a lot of help from a researcher, we found the owner. He was a RAAF Engineer who was 1 of a handful who graduated in about '71. He's in his late 80's now and living in rural western Australia. He was happy to have it back, though not sure when he lost it but recalls visiting the local pub once which is likely when. 

Casio watch doesn't work sadly, neither does the Tissot. Oh well. 

All up, only the front 3 are gold. The rest are mainly silver or stainless/titanium.

I think being right after new year, they hadn't had a chance to rot away yet, so they ring up really nice. I think getting in to winter, they start to rust away and break down so we mainly find gold and silver in winter. 

Cheers. HH

image.thumb.png.10e37980390d92a12fd8f9b3bfa0737b.png

Looks like your killing it this year.

10 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

All up, only the front 3 are gold.

Haha! I sometimes wished, I'd find 3 in a whole year!

Incredible number of jewelry. Good job.

What a nice assortment of goodies! I need to find a washout!

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

🤯 IMPRESSIVE !  you should give lessons or sumpin' ! 😎

Give a location would be better!  😁

I've never found a beach like he and his wife have found.  

I did get 12 rings in one day but most of them were toast.  It was very much of a one-off type of deal.

2866 has one of those locations that takes decades of losses to have that many finds.

I'm an envious guy on the West Coast.  haha  It is really nice to see all the stuff tho.

Maybe we can talk TTT2866 into having a detecting party ? 😜arrrrrrrrr ! 

How 'bout it triple T ?  I'd even pay LOL  

That is one NICE lookin' hand full of deposits though .   The pic sure would make a great advert for your guide school !  🖖