AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

13 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

It will be interesting to see what price point it actually comes in at in the US. So far we are just going off the price point in Australia.  We may see a surprise here in the US. What if it ends up at $2000-$2500 instead? Add a couple coils, batteries, and good headphones,  and your in the ballpark of the axiom price. All we can do is eat our popcorn till Gerry has them in stock lol

1st off, I need to be clear on me being a dealer for AlgoForce.  It's not a done deal but he knows me from Minelab, he knows I enjoy metal detecting for all kinds of gold (natural nuggets, specimens and gold jewelry) with a passion. He also knows the Field Training my Staff Experts/I offer.  For a new customer coming into this game, that's important. But at this time it's not a done deal.

You bring up a valid point of the E-1500 possibly being more money when it hits the US market and that easily could be. Your price points mentioned and compared to an Axiom MAP $4000?  I have no worries the E-1500 will easily outsell the Ax.  Garrett had their chance to price point Ax to actually make a splash and evidently a few higher ups wanted a quick pay back.  In the end the $4000 US and crazy AU price was more than most wanted to pay coming from a company not known as a top PI player.  It really cost them and now they're probably scrambling wondering how to play their hand.

My personal opinion and I have made it pretty clear on DP.  I feel the Axiom is the best price vs performance PI gold detector on the market today.  I feel the E-1500 is going to soon take that spot over unless Garrett has an Ace up their sleeve or how soon Minelab reacts.

Bottom line and I have said it until I'm blue in the face.  It's the opportunity to get another tool/option for me and also my customers. 

When selling a detector to someone who wants to get into the gold hunt.  I always try to sell them what I consider the best value detector out there, for the tasks they want to pursue, within their budget.  The E-1500 is just another option.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2024 at 6:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Now I do like the idea of an SDC-2300 packed inside a Manticore housing and shaft for $1700.  Boy would that hurt E-1500 steam train.

That would be a dream detector for me. You could even go with a smaller housing because I’d buy it without the screen and just go simple like the SDC is now. Giving me goosebumps just thinking about heading out on my electric bike to one of my nearby old patches and picking up some crumbs for an easy half day hunt. I used to like the SDC for patch hunting too but it got too heavy as I got older. 

I see fewer young prospectors out there these days so maybe a super lightweight easy swinging PI would help boost sales amongst the old minelab faithful who are an aging demographic. 

I’m not sure if I’ll be buying an Algo Force but I thank them for bringing something competitive and new to the PI detector market. 

16 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Which coils do you recommend for the Algo that you liked the best thus far?

The coils I like so far that I own are the nuggetfinder 8x6" Sadie, 9" coiltek elite, 12" round nuggetfinder evo,  14x9" coiltek goldstalker 'blitz' series. They're all stored in the detectors memory. There's one slot left for another coil after further testing.

Still haven't tried the 8" minelab goldseeker, 11" minelab goldseeker, 11" minelab commander, 15" round nuggetfinder evolution.        

Not sure if the coiltek AI coils are compatible but might be worth a try.

7 minutes ago, Nedkelly said:

Not sure if the coiltek AI coils are compatible but might be worth a try.

Nope, Coiltek AI coils need to run in DD mode on the GPX, so they're not going to be an ideal coil, likely one that won't calibrate, or if it does calibrate will just be weird running as a mono.

26 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Nope, Coiltek AI coils need to run in DD mode on the GPX, so they're not going to be an ideal coil, likely one that won't calibrate, or if it does calibrate will just be weird running as a mono.

Thanks, I thought they were a twisted mono not two separate windings like a DD coil.

Just now, Nedkelly said:

Thanks, I thought they were a twisted mono not two separate windings like a DD coil.

yea, they're in a figure 8 but only run properly in DD mode on the GPX, should plug one in and see if it calibrates, I'll do it today sometime when I find the coil in the tubs of coils 🙂

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yea, they're in a figure 8 but only run properly in DD mode on the GPX, should plug one in and see if it calibrates, I'll do it today sometime when I find the coil in the tubs of coils 🙂

I got the same problem, tubs full of coils. The more I look the more I find, Finding coils I didn't know I had.🙂

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I feel the Axiom is the best price vs performance PI gold detector on the market today.  I feel the E-1500 is going to soon take that spot over unless Garrett has an Ace up their sleeve or how soon Minelab reacts.

With you 100% even in OZ the Axiom was best price vs performance, I`ll stick my neck out now although it is early days and give that crown to the E1500, something different in its ground balancing capabilities that we haven`t had before in a PI, it handles some of my backyards difficult ground like it is not a sensitive detector but it is a very sensitive detector. What a shame it isn`t married to a 6K, its offspring would than be the bees knees for most of us from newchum to oldchum.

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

With you 100% even in OZ the Axiom was best price vs performance, I`ll stick my neck out now although it is early days and give that crown to the E1500, something different in its ground balancing capabilities that we haven`t had before in a PI, it handles some of my backyards difficult ground like it is not a sensitive detector but it is a very sensitive detector. What a shame it isn`t married to a 6K, its offspring would than be the bees knees for most of us from newchum to oldchum.

Yea I agree,  If it had the extra power of the 6K it would (almost) be the ultimate gold detector. 

On 2/17/2024 at 2:47 PM, phrunt said:

no issues with the red and orange clays in Victoria,

This bit is particularly exciting I think.  I have areas where these clays are a P.I.T.A and at Manual 1 Sensitivity the GPX 6000 still does not handle them.