Yea Yea I Want An Algoforce But....

Being in Idaho and around MT or Eastern OR.  A good DD coil will allow you to hunt in hand workings and tailing piles.  If your 4500 came with stock coils, there should be an 11" DD with it.  If not, I would suggest a Commander 10" Ellip DD.  What's cool about that coil (many folks don't know), is you can actually run it in MONO mode and get half the coil to use as a small MONO for tiny gold.  And as mentioned before, it also will fit the upcoming AlgoForce.

DD coils seem to be overlooked by many, but in the right places and the Iron ID setting option of the 4500, you can save some time when hunting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Being in Idaho and around MT or Eastern OR.  A good DD coil will allow you to hunt in hand workings and tailing piles.  If your 4500 came with stock coils, there should be an 11" DD with it.  If not, I would suggest a Commander 10" Ellip DD.  What's cool about that coil (many folks don't know), is you can actually run it in MONO mode and get half the coil to use as a small MONO for tiny gold.  And as mentioned before, it also will fit the upcoming AlgoForce.

DD coils seem to be overlooked by many, but in the right places and the Iron ID setting option of the 4500, you can save some time when hunting.

I haven't tried the DD in mono yet but I'm going to. I should be getting two used small NF Advantage coils in the mail next week. They were really cheap, estate sale. I'd like a 15" but just bought the pinpointers from you. So will probably have to wait on that. Hope to use the Equinox's on tailing piles this summer.

• Like 1

Must admit this has been a really helpful thread as i also have a GPX4500,it came with the stock 11'' Mono which i wont be using and also the 15x12 DD ML which is will be using,i certainly wont be nugget hunting because here in the UK we basically dont have any,so mine will be used for hoard/artefact hunting.

I have just purchased 2 aftermarket coils and they are the 11'' Detech DD AI coil and that will stay on the GPX for basically everyday use detecting and also a Detech 18'' Concentric coil as well,so should have almost all scenarios covered,i do still own some large Minelab and Detech coils but these are Mono coils that i use occasionally on my TDI Pro.

Have been playing around with some setting today that someone from on the forum suggested and graciously helped me with over this last week or so,i wont mention who it is but a massive thank you.

Have a Doc screamer kit coming during the week to reduce the weight of the brick hanging on the back of the full harness,still got a long way too go but making headway for sure in taming the GPX,the weather is currently horrible raining and cold so not getting out alot at the moment.

But must admit this forum and all the help that folks offer is most welcome and thanks Steve for providing in my opinion the best detecting forum going.Thank you very much and also all the folks who contribute a vast amount of knowledge.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

Must admit this has been a really helpful thread as i also have a GPX4500,it came with the stock 11'' Mono which i wont be using and also the 15x12 DD ML which is will be using,i certainly wont be nugget hunting because here in the UK we basically dont have any,so mine will be used for hoard/artefact hunting.

I have just purchased 2 aftermarket coils and they are the 11'' Detech DD AI coil and that will stay on the GPX for basically everyday use detecting and also a Detech 18'' Concentric coil as well,so should have almost all scenarios covered,i do still own some large Minelab and Detech coils but these are Mono coils that i use occasionally on my TDI Pro.

Have been playing around with some setting today that someone from on the forum suggested and graciously helped me with over this last week or so,i wont mention who it is but a massive thank you.

Have a Doc screamer kit coming during the week to reduce the weight of the brick hanging on the back of the full harness,still got a long way too go but making headway for sure in taming the GPX,the weather is currently horrible raining and cold so not getting out alot at the moment.

But must admit this forum and all the help that folks offer is most welcome and thanks Steve for providing in my opinion the best detecting forum going.Thank you very much and also all the folks who contribute a vast amount of knowledge.

When you get used to the GPX you will no longer use the TDI and even more so with the 18 concentric coil.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, Lost Scout said:

Hope to use the Equinox's on tailing piles this summer.

One of my favorites in tailing piles.

• Like 1

This new detector with being light weight,not much money for batteries,and it looks to do well with GPX coils old and new,And folds up small enough where you can pack it in to almost anywhere.Looks like something you’d want to get my hands on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guys gold said:

This new detector with being light weight,not much money for batteries,and it looks to do well with GPX coils old and new,And folds up small enough where you can pack it in to almost anywhere.Looks like something you’d want to get my hands on.

😂 Ok I'm laughing! Cause I can have a dirty mind. So many responses.... But I don't want to be banned from the forum....(you'd want to to get my hands on) I'm a little confused. And my wife wants to to know what's going on.

As far as the new detector goes it sounds really promising. But it's not happening any time soon for me. I did get two N F Advantage coils from an estate type sale really cheap.  8x6 and 14 x7. They arrived today.  Now I want a coil 15"-18" but may have to wait for a deal.  Can't do any testing around the house , too much emi. When I have a chance I may post the results.