Anyone Heard Of Ceramic Rings?

Haven't been getting out much lately, we had a lot of rain and now a cold snap, so I'm fiddling around with stuff at home between the Honeydews.

When I go out detecting, I always take my wedding band off because It gets detected by my pinpointer when I'm searching for stuff in my hand.

This got me to thinking, which I probably do too much of 🙄 but I always feel a bit uncomfortable removing my wedding band, it's a sign of infidelity or deception to some. I also know of people that can't wear conductive or allergenic metal rings, and others that check their pinpointer with their ring. Some may just not care too, but this is for those that do. I've always said that to get the most out of detecting or the most detecting possible, you have to make some concessions with family or you're going down a deep, dark rabbit hole.

I searched around for non-detectable rings and came across Ceramic Rings. They are made of Titanium Carbide, which seems to be a plentiful and cheap material, surprisingly not detectable by any of my detectors or pinpointers.

Ceramic is also is lighter than and as strong as Tungsten Carbide, and may not shatter as readily.

20240218_092932.thumb.jpg.2b8df6b2c6c87cb4935902bd48ea1c39.jpg

Ceramic Rings come in black, white, and some fluffy colors for the ladies if they want to be fluffy 🤣. They can't be made to have a silver or gold color like Tungsten Carbide can.

They can also be combined with other non detectable materials and be quite attractive. This makes them more expensive, up to about $400. Stones like diamonds or others cannot installed without metal so that's out.

My wife asked me If I wanted one for Valentine's Day when I showed them to her, so she had this one etched with "Happy hunting", and paid all of $60 for it. Since then I've found you can get one for as little as $10 with no etching that is just as good as this one.

They're light, comfortable, non-allergenic, and don't scratch like Tungsten Carbide. They're also cheap, so if you lose it and can't find it (certainly not with a metal detector 😏), it's better than losing your original band.

I think my wife got a kick out of my doing this, it certainly seems that way. I got her some 14k ruby heart earrings to match a ring I found for her this year.

Y'all know the saying.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Y'all know the saying.

Not unless you are referring to “better late than never” or “you’ve really stepped in it now”. Truly thought I had found the perfect Valentines gift. Apparently Old Grandma mentioned  the “saying” you’re alluding to while I was out cutting a fresh willow switching stick. Do recall “can you hear me now”.  🥸

IMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.4a934e61f7c3597f0c520c291530ab3c.jpeg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HardPack said:

can you hear me now

Haha, yeah!

I guess I could modernize it to:

"Happy Spouse, Happy House" 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Happy wife happy life?

D4G

Exactly, but we got some females here, so just being generic. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting… the ad feeds here on DP must be reading the content - a $.74 tungsten carbide ring sounds like a bargain!

IMG_1924.thumb.jpeg.a61d3dba264f7cbed527936932f2a1cd.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Interesting… the ad feeds here on DP must be reading the content - a $.74 tungsten carbide ring sounds like a bargain!

IMG_1924.thumb.jpeg.a61d3dba264f7cbed527936932f2a1cd.jpeg

AI is going to be quite annoying. That's why I use an ad blocking browser. (Sorry Steve) My phone runs very fast not loading ads.

I'll bet AI will be used to get around that as well, unless the ad blocking browser also uses AI. 🤬 ♾️

Tungsten Carbide is cheaper still than Titanium Carbide I think, but it's heavier and detectable. At least you can find your ring if you lose it. Ceramic Rings are fairly new.

Guess AI isn't smart enough to understand that 🤣

• Like 2

Ceramic wedding bands 1st started showing up about 10 yrs ago, tungsten bands even before that.  Luckily the Tungsten craze is starting to fade away.  I'm also noticing it during my Caribbean water hunts as 5 yrs ago, it was more Tungsten than gold bands.  Now, it's finally starting to flip back on the gold, for me anyways on this last trip it did.

I wear my 35 yr  yellow gold band almost everywhere, but do take it off when I detect and need to use the Pinpointer.  I can usually get away with wearing it when Nugget Hunting though.

You must have the same problem I do when not wearing it? The girls are just lining up trying to take you h🤣me?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Ceramic wedding bands 1st started showing up about 10 yrs ago, tungsten bands even before that.  Luckily the Tungsten craze is starting to fade away.  I'm also noticing it during my Caribbean water hunts as 5 yrs ago, it was more Tungsten than gold bands.  Now, it's finally starting to flip back on the gold, for me anyways on this last trip it did.

I wear my 35 yr  yellow gold band almost everywhere, but do take it off when I detect and need to use the Pinpointer.  I can usually get away with wearing it when Nugget Hunting though.

You must have the same problem I do when not wearing it? The girls are just lining up trying to take you h🤣me?

Gerry, even though you might have removed your ring and think it was your great personality and looks that gathered all those girls, did you remember to take that nugget out of your mouth?   That’s OK, for most prospectors, the best types of girlfriends and wives can also be gold diggers! 😉

• Haha 3