Equinox 900 Versus Manticore

Both of these machines have been out for awhile now.---Would like some opinions.---Which one is the best/most effective (for relic/coin hunting-- working in mineralized/iron/square nail proliferated sites)?-------Thanks--------Del

I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say as well. I've watched a few YouTube videos on this subject and I really like the Manticore 2D screen...other than that, there seem to be more similarities than differences.

I have both and it's the manticore all the way. I'm not a technical kind of person i terms of being able to tell you all the different ways one works better than another. I have a different way of looking at things and the manticore is simply a better machine. I have a tendency to "date" metal detectors and over the years I've had them all. Here's a way that I look at the latest models.

Equinox 800- definite marriage material. In the right environment and if you take care of it will last you for years.

Equinox 900- pretty much the same as the 800 so why get divorced and have to pay to get married again?

XP D2- high maintenance. If she were a woman you would eventually get tired of all the effort it takes to just go out and you would look for something without all the noise.

Manticore- the epitome of the girl next door. A combination of all that is right in the world.

Now I know that many don't like the way Minelab treats it's customers in terms of updates, coils etc., but at the end of the day Minelab the company is like an in law, you only see them when you have to. 

Buy the Manticore and you'll be happy. At least for a few years until the next beauty queen comes out. 

7 hours ago, Skate said:

XP D2- high maintenance. If she were a woman you would eventually get tired of all the effort it takes to just go out and you would look for something without all the noise.

SPOT ON............! 

21 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

Which one is the best/most effective (for relic/coin hunting-- working in mineralized/iron/square nail proliferated sites)?

Between the 900 and Manticore for the specific type of detecting you mentioned........Manticore. 

If you gave me a choice between Deus 2 and the Manticore for the specific type of detecting you mentioned.........Deus 2 all day, everyday.