We Lost John Blennart Of Tucson

A lot of the Arizona prospectors and other western Prospectors will remember John "Goldmaster" Blennart, AKA "John B.".  He passed away last Monday the 11th. I lost another old prospecting friend about a week ago. Enjoy the time you have as none of us are here forever.

John_Blennart.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 17
  • Oh my! 1

I remember John B from the old "detector wars" and his vast collection of meteorites.  We once had an outing at Gold Basin and he provided the whole group with some magnificent T-bone steaks.  I'm sure Rob and Doc will remember him fondly.

• Like 6

Hi Ralph and others,

Yes, I heard this morning the bad news, but knew he wasn't doing real well the past year or so from what I heard from mutual friends.  God Bless John and his family, sad news.  

John "GoldMaster" B., also noted for the "pointy finger."  I have some great story about John and some of our adventures during the early years of chasing Gold and Meteorites.  John had a huge passion for metal detecting for gold and later meteorites. 

He loved to razz me, along with others that used the Minelab PI's, referring to them as Coatracks.  This ended after a few large Minelab finds were made, but John loved to razz, kid and joke around.  He had a great sense of humor and will be missed for sure.  

I'll post some more later after I dig up some pictures I have with him.  

John will be missed and for the ones that didn't get the chance to meet him, you guys/gals would of loved him.

Rob

• Like 9

He will be missed.  For as rough as he came across he had a heart of pure gold.  I don't know how many steak dinners he paid for at the outings but it was a lot.  His pointy finger got me my first piece of gold, I will always be grateful for that.  

• Like 7

Sad news but as said his health was bad for a few years  if the razzed you he liked  it was to see how you were and maybe because he liked you  for one tough man his heart and honesty was second to non   He had helped so many  with his golden pointy finger and that damn dingier worked 100%   I was very fortunate to be in his life the past 20 yrs   As he was one of the original four  that made the WSPA   A small prospecting / metal detecting club to show members how to find and use detectors to find and identify  mineral   GOLD    Deposits      On our own claims   Mr B    Godspeed my friend  and his family  you will be missed by many 

• Like 8

I got an email from Twink telling me of his passing.  She spent a lot of time with him looking for all the meteorites in Gold Basin before the field was made public.

I met him just once at a WSPA outing.  He had his gold with him that he had just taken out of a museum.  They are some very impressive pieces.  

Roger Dyer would camp a lot on John B's property over by the helicopter pad.  That is one of my favorite parts of any desert.

RIP John B.

Mitchel

• Like 7

That's a bummer. He was well known on many of the forums way back, but unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting him. RIP John B.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of another long timer doin the gold hunt up above. It's sad to see so many of the pioneers of VLF gold hunters leaving us behind.  

Prayers to his family. 

• Like 3