7 Gold And A Wrist Watch! With Video

(if lazy to read, skip to the bottom for the video and pic) 

Hiii guys!! I'm back. Lots of no work at the moment, plenty of time off to hit up some beaches whilst we still have some hot days left in our Aussie summer. Practically living off gold finds at the moment LOL . Had a few beers so mind the lazy grammar tonight sorry! 😄

I went out on the weekend at sunset, it was over 30 degrees C, very hot and very busy. Almost did not go in the water because it was a little bit choppy and there was lots of people swimming. Little did I know another prospector whom I know was watching wondering why we were pondering so hard from the carpark hahaha. Finally went down, said g'day and he wished us luck. Wow the water was amazing!! You can hear how busy it was, I even had a woman skim over the top of me on her surfboard which you can see in the video, just as I found a gold ring. The first hunt, I got in the water and found a coin right away, then the 18ct band, all within 3.5 minutes of actually getting in the water! which told me there was going to be plenty to find. I think that's the fastest gold ring I've found. 

When I came to this spot 2 weeks ago it was sooo sanded in, I got almost nothing after about 4 hours so I'm very glad to see lots of clay and rocks this day. The 20gm silver bar was random, it has a name and date on the back and cleaned up really nice, 20 grams of 999 silver. Lots of silver on those rocky parts, rarely gold for some reason? Maybe cleaned up by said friend already lol

I got 1 ring which looked silver but rang up really low, so I'm thinking maybe pewter. all others were gold and then a junk ring which was on the wet sand. went out the next morning at 6am and as soon as there was some daylight I was right in the water. another 3 gold rings. Yay. 

I cut down about 5 hours of gopro footage to 8 minutes to skip all the boring parts. No talking, no music, no bs. Simple video for all to watch just showing the finds. I plan on editing it further one day and maybe doing a proper youtube video, hence the watermark slapped right in the middle and the dull ending. I think the wrist watch will work, it hasn't got any water in it, I'm just waiting for a new battery to arrive whilst it airs out. Definitely been there a while! I found a old Tag Huer 2000 there last week about 20 meters away which was completely ruined sadly.

Total weight was just over 20 grams of gold, about $1100 AUD in scrap. Assuming the "S" pattern one is 9ct for hope sake but it kinda looks like 18ct, just not hallmarked. 

Obviously using the Manticore - I gave up with the D2. Gave it a chance a few weeks ago but far too noisy (in this spot), too fidgety, too hard to charge, too annoying, too many breakable parts, too quiet and already on my 3-4th warranty. 

On a side note; I'm using the gopro hero+ since I lost my hero3 last winter. I have the WASABI extended battery, total was about $50aud and the mask from China was about $17. I like it much better than the hero 3, theres a much wider lens i think. I had lots of issues getting it going which turned out to be a non compatible SD card in the end. the battery is fine without the extended battery, I get 2-3 hours of recording and I love it! sadly I don't think they can handle anything above 32gb SD cards so I'm a littleeee limited on storage, whereas I had 64gb compatibility on the hero 3 - it was just impossible to find an extended battery setup from WASABI since they're discontinued.. hell even the Hero+ ones are "old stock clearance" now. 

Super open to criticism about video quality/editing if anyone wants to input some feedback whether positive or negative 🙂 

Enjoy! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYQJI897Tg

image.thumb.png.0830965cbe57b475a43e6313ea0e70e4.png

Those are some great finds!

I watched the video. Thanks for posting it. Are you only using a snorkel for air or some type of surface supplied/ scuba?

Amazing hunt...congrats!

Great couple of hunts!

Finding a silver bar is an unusual find, no matter where it shows up.  But what's it doing on the beach??  That ring that overlaps the silver bar in the photo reminds me of some of my pulltabs.  Maybe I need to be a bit more careful from now on before tossing those pesky things....  🤔

Great hunt! And the video is great too! I see nothing wrong with it, all takes a lot of effort. Well worth the time for now you have it for life... 🏴‍☠️

Very nice hunting and I like the results.

Good luck on your next hunt.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:57 AM, matt said:

Those are some great finds!

I watched the video. Thanks for posting it. Are you only using a snorkel for air or some type of surface supplied/ scuba?

On 3/16/2024 at 1:52 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Great couple of hunts!

Finding a silver bar is an unusual find, no matter where it shows up.  But what's it doing on the beach??  That ring that overlaps the silver bar in the photo reminds me of some of my pulltabs.  Maybe I need to be a bit more careful from now on before tossing those pesky things....  🤔

Thanks all! I really enjoy reading all of your comments at work - I can't always reply though as I can never remember my password. 

I'm simply only snorkeling, though I do sometimes use the Blu3 Nomad air supply unit. If you get the right conditions here, it's very easy to snorkel, it's rare that I use the Nomad now 🙂 Combined with about 10-12kg of dive weights as well. 

The silver bar is a charm/pendant, but made from a genuine ABC bullion bar. it looks like the part holding it to the chain was far too small and it must have snapped off, or maybe the chain was too thin for it. I've found about a dozen of these silver bar pendants varying in size - usually 2.5 - 5 grams only though, and 1 10 gram one. 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:03 PM, TTT2866 said:

if anyone wants to input some feedback whether positive or negative 🙂 

Nothing but congratulations can be said!

The pictures speak for themselves and it is really clear that under the surface, this instrument has an edge...

I sold the D2 a week ago and before fall, I will test a Manti with M8 for good to give peace to my overaged Ctx.