GPZ 7000 Scores Again

I had my Sunday free so I went up to the Sierra to try to get one more trip before the snow starts.  5 hours total driving and 6 hours of detecting... Priceless!  I have been detecting alone since the summer.  I like not having any interference from another detector in the area but there is just something missing when you have to hike, eat lunch, detect and, in the case of this trip,  fist pump over a nice find...by yourself.  That might just be me though.  It took about 3 hours to find the first one which was the largest at 2 dwt.  the total  for the 4 pcs was 0.2 ozt.  The last 3 were all within about 20 feet from each other and the 2nd largest was literally only about 1" down.  I think the one on the bottom left looks like a Tyrannosaurus Rex skull!  I always look for shapes in my nuggets like some people look for shapes in the clouds!

I didn't find the nickel on this trip but I did find it not too far from this spot.  I was swinging for hours with not a single target and this nickel was all by its' lonesome!  I suppose a miner or logger dropped it on accident. 

It was a beautiful day and I was really glad to have made it up there.

DSCN9333.JPG

Thanks for the nice comments.  Scott, the two large pieces were found about 100 feet apart so I don't think they went together but the top 2 and bottom left were all found close to each other.  I just tried to put them together anyway just now.  No go but good thought!  Until next time!