Coiltek 14 DD Goldstalker Vs 14 Elite DD

Goldstalker - Bundle wound / Elite - Spiral wound.

I'd go the Elite.

You seem to be very interested in a lot of coils, don't go overboard as many will sit in your cupboard never used as you gravitate to your favourites 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyler said:

Any difference between these two coils? 

Big difference....the Elite is a mono and not a DD (as per the topic title).

And definitely take Phrunt's advice.......nearly everyone has too many coils. It is an expensive addiction so don't go crazy.

• Like 1

Good catch, I missed he thought the Elite was a DD.

You were right. There’s both are DD. They have a coiltek 14 inch elite DD that’s tan. And a coiltek 14 inch goldstalker DD the same tan color. I didn’t know if there was any difference in wiring. But as far as coils go I have a set of DDs I use for relics and a set of monos I am using for prospecting. I have a coiltek 14 DD goldstalker, 15x12 DD commander (second hand only used once on a paid hunt and sold the machine), 11 DD commander(second hand great condition), and 10x5 commander DD that is brand new that came with my other machine. The monos I have are the 11 ultra sensing detech, the 11 commander and the 15x12 commander mono that came with the second hand 5000 I recently got. I sold my 4000 to a friend of mine. He’s only got the stock 11 DD and I told him I’d let him borrow one of the larger DDs when we go out for relics or one of monos when we do some prospecting. 

Ok, I see the confusion now, the dealer is misrepresenting the coil, it's not an Elite at all, it's a DD Pro. No such thing as a DD Pro Elite.

The DD Pro is the newer version of the now discontinued Goldstalker DD.

Neither are spiral, neither are an Elite coil, which is the spiral range name.  Goldstalkers are bundle wound.

• 2 weeks later...

The Coiltek 14" DD went through a few different versions. 

Terracotta 14" DD 

Terracotta 14" DD Pro

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite with revised wings

Then to avoid confusion with the Elite series mono coils, it was renamed the 14" DD Goldstalker

So these days with the current line-up, Elite coils are all flat wound monos in Camo, and the Goldstalkers (14" and 22") are tan coloured and bundle wound. The 14" is DD only, but the 22" comes in Mono or DD version.  

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

The Coiltek 14" DD went through a few different versions. 

Terracotta 14" DD 

Terracotta 14" DD Pro

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite with revised wings

Then to avoid confusion with the Elite series mono coils, it was renamed the 14" DD Goldstalker

So these days with the current line-up, Elite coils are all flat wound monos in Camo, and the Goldstalkers (14" and 22") are tan coloured and bundle wound. The 14" is DD only, but the 22" comes in Mono or DD version.  

So, to add to the confusion they called the 14" DD Pro Elite an Elite coil when its bundle wound? 

I guess most of these are all old discontinued coils, few appear on their website.