Swinging The Equinox At Partner Conference

Lunk

But Steve........ like you said a dedicated machine like different type hammers wont perform as well in more than one situation.    Im assuming these multi purpose machines could change that...... with better electronics and processors it looks like they can program each of those tasks to function independently..... giving us a really good general purpose machine.  From what ive heard most of the testers are pretty satisfied for their area of hunting........... they may well not be top dog, but for most people its close enough.

14 hours ago, Lunk said:

Perhaps, or maybe the machine was in another mode and I just didn’t notice and thought it was in Gold Mode.?

I think we are having difficulty with terms. I am guessing that what Lunk is basically saying is he wants the Equinox audio to be more like the X-Terra in Prospect Mode and it is not. Gold Mode does employ VCO but not in the same fashion - more like what I am now calling "trailing VCO audio". The whole reason I delved into this was my expectation that people used to how other detectors do a Prospect Mode would find the Equinox method different, and the response to different is not always a positive response. Anyway, rather than try and describe it I shot a short video and posted on the other thread that in more specifically discussing the subject. Please respond on that thread regarding the Gold Mode audio.

This thread really is more about dealer meeting stuff. Much to my surprise no pricing was announced for common Equinox accessories like coils. The 6" coil is said to be coming sooner and the 15" coil later - how much later nobody is saying. Waterproof headphones also "soonish".

Equinox is still on track to be shipping out at end of month. How soon they get to dealers depends on shipping to distributors and then to dealers. Mid-february maybe? Word has it dealers with customer prepaid orders will get priority. People waiting to find an Equinox on the shelf may be waiting a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3