First Short Nox 800 Hunt, I Am Hooked

Last night I get a call from my local dealer. My 800 is in! Asked if he should ship it or if I wanted to pick it up. It is about an hour and a half round trip but it was a no brainer, hit the road in the morning and was back around noon. Had to run a few errands so I got the Nox charging a bit and went out in my front yard. First dig was a nail, 2nd dig was a wheatie. Ok I got this, off to my sons school that is about to be demo'ed, I have super top secret access so I get to hunt the main play field. I know at least 5 other detectorist had been on this field recently, I ran into one last week with his AT Pro, digging clad and a sterling ring. I only had about an hour and spent the first 30 looking for a time capsule that was supposedly buried in a back part of the school. No luck and had to stop because the mosquitoes where draining all my blood.

So 30 minutes in the field and all I got was clad but it was all 6+ inches deep. I was amazed! It was interesting because the AT Pro guy I ran into said everything he was digging was about 3 inches down. He probably cleaned off the surface stuff but I was still impressed how clear I was hearing the signals, even with no head phones. My son was with me and he likes hearing the tones. Nothing great, just clad pulled 5 coins from one small area and the amazing thing was I heard them all before we dug. I told my son "I think there are 5 coins here" and bingo out came 5 coins. Also got a fun modern token.

I have not been detecting in over 3 years, this machine is so easy and fun to use, can't wait until I actually get to understand it better. Was hunting in Park 2 with just a noise cancel.

Photo Mar 16, 4 52 59 PM.jpg

• Like 6