A Little Weekend Yellow

I finally got out yesterday for the first time since February I believe, rain and other obligations have kept me away. It's a very strenuous hike into a secluded spot - rope is necessary in a few spots - every time I go here, I always tell myself I won't touch it again unless I overnight it. However the draw of the yellow, even when I rarely break even with the cost of gas is too much to fight off.The weather was perfect.

By the time I made it to my hydraulic pit I had maybe an hour and fifteen minutes to detect, fifteen of which I spent scoping out the terrain for what looked like good spots. I settled on what looked like a ground sluice blow out, or, possibly the end of a sluice run? Hard to tell. The area was probably 100 square feet of loose gravels that seemed to have spread out in a rather precarious position 3/4 of the way up the hydraulic pit. I spent about thirty minutes digging boot tack, iron scrap, and finally got this little bugger. The SDC nailed it on (2) at about 5 inches deep - weight is about half a gram. The rest of the short time I had there yielded nothing but iron. I hope to get back soon and really work this pit as it seems to be a relatively untapped spot. 

28wctnb.jpg