Mpow H4 Headphones Will Only Pair Standard Aptx. Update Page 3!

Just got this back from Minelab:

Hi Frank,

I have received a response from one of our engineers.  Here is what he had to say:

I do not believe the problem is with the detector. The same circuitry is used in the Equinox to perform aptX LL coding and transmission as that which provides standard BT audio connectivity.

If the Equinox is successfully paired with an aptX LL compliant device, then aptX LL coding is implemented at transmission. If the Equinox is paired with a non-aptX LL device, then standard BT audio is implemented at transmission using A2DP coding.

If the fault was internal to the Equinox, then I would expect no BT connection at all.

I’m not personally familiar with the Mpow H4 headphones.

I would ask Frank if he is certain the headphones are H4 aptX Low Latency as I see a few variations online.

He could also try the headphones on any other Equinox – perhaps a friend or a dealer machine. I would expect the same results as he is getting with his Equinox; no BT+ icon displayed. This would indicate the headphones are not aptX LL.M

Pretty convinced that the MPOW H4's...at least the one I got, is NOT fully aptX LL Compliant.

I have a little trouble connecting my 800, but I found that to connect I have to get away from my TV Sound Bar, some how the detector quickly connects to it or gets confused (the sound bar turns on by itself). so I move away from other BT items hold the head phones right next to the detector and sometimes have to do it a couple times but then the little + symbol shows up and the Minelab head phones work. It took quiet a few tries.  It was funny the detector was beeping upstairs in the living room.

Phrunt,

That is exactly what I've been doing! Here's the latest response from MPOW. They seem eager to please.

a d: hey friend, i am sorry for this, we are contacting with the QC apartment to confirm it again, could you please tell us if your phone support aptx LL, because if your phone do not support, then this cannot function as well. Please do not worry, we are checking the problem as well. Honestly speaking, you are not the only one met this problem. so we are taking measures to solve this already, could you please do not be angry for now?

My Response: 

Hi,
First, let me say that the design of the H4 is exceptionally good. Very comfortable and sound quality is excellent. 
Unfortunately, the headphones will NOT pair with A2DP coding for Low Latency.
Furthermore, on Amazon I notice that there are two versions of the H4, with an "upgraded" version as well as the standard H4. If this is the case, there may be some confusion over what was sent to me, and I may have received the wrong model.
I did not purchase the headphones for use with a cell phone, or TV. We are using high-end metal detectors with APTX LL wireless capability, and it works well without issues with Trond, Miccus, BT80, and other APTX LL headphones.  If APTX LL is not paired, it reduces to the lower Bluetooth level, which has approximately a 130ms latency. This is not acceptable for our needs. We MUST have true Low Latency in order for the unit to work for our use.

I know that new technologies have bugs and quirks, but we can't be the testing source. 
MPOW makes some very nice products, and we have just ordered another of your products (Car cell phone stand), and we expect that it will be well-designed and exactly what we wanted. That being said, the headphones are still an issue that needs to be resolved, one way or the other.
Thank you for your continued attention to this matter.
Cheers,

Frank

See my new thread on the Archmage SoundClean-09 headphones. True APTS LL and inexpensive!

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/6474-archmage-soundclean-09-headphones-excellent-aptx-ll-ears/

15 minutes ago, chicoquadcore said:

Still throwing the idea out there that they are knock-offs. 

They came directly from the manufacturer. Their design, and well known company. Not knockoffs, but also not what was advertised.

UPDATE! MPOW now confirms that the H4 headphones are NOT Low Latency!  What a mess!

From MPOW today:

Thank you so much for not being angry with us and thanks for your patience as well. 
Finally, our QC and PM confirmed that this model do not support aptx LL, support aptx though, so i am really sorry for making your customers misunderstood the product. as you can check now, we have removed the low latency from our listing as well as the title. As for the second version, we are not selling yet, have no idea if amazon are selling the updated version or not. 
I also noticed that you have closed the dispute, so could you please tell us what solution you want us to offer? we will try our best to meet your satisfaction, because it's our duty, we made this mistake. 
waiting for your reply!
Autumn