Researching And Publications

Steve has listed many valuable USGS books, publications and other items for you to obtain or find in a library so you can see where gold was found..This makes decisions so much easier about areas you might be interested in.. One bit of advice that I learned from these publications and I have had most of them for years for I studied the ones I was interested in carefully ... I soon realized these old time geologists that traveled to these sites many times on horseback is this, they were very thorough in their investigations... The language they used to describe what they saw made me realize this was the info I needed to successfully use a Detector in that area.. These words that you are looking for are Coarse, Shotty, Rough, Nuggety Heavy Etc..These are areas that contain gold that can easily be found by a persistent hunter.. Good Luck, Good Hunting and Never give up.....

Dang! Those words are a better description of me than of the gold I find. Had a bit of a blizzard her last night - 15 degrees this morning- A perfect day for research and Steve has saved me a lot of time finding some obscure publications.