Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Coilteks New SDC Coil

5 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Wes,

I’m right there with you!  That little Blue Coil, is awesome...and we’ve dug up some crazy deep nuggets.  Now if Coiltek, would come out with and ergo friendly detector fram and box to swap out the computer board and stuff it in theirs, I’d be all over it!

Rick

If you can use a screwdriver, hacksaw, drill, get a Li battery, USB charger with some PVC pipe and aren`t too concerned about voiding your warranty, in a couple of hours you can have the SDC in a more ergo friendly lightened status no trouble. Easy as.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

If you can use a screwdriver, hacksaw, drill, get a Li battery, USB charger with some PVC pipe and aren`t too concerned about voiding your warranty, in a couple of hours you can have the SDC in a more ergo friendly lightened status no trouble. Easy as.

Any pics of this mod would be much appreciated..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe changing the square carbon stem will do as well.....if i found one cheap in UK i shall pimp it.For fun

RR

• Like 1

Yes with the new Coiltek coils looking like they have a normal hinge/mount point, I`ll have a shot at just a standard stem. But saying that whilst the square stem looks heavy it isn`t. Most of the weight is in the convenient fold up case which is the go for a lot of users, just not my thing, plus the C cell battery holders are weighty. Swing it all day without bungee etc easy as now.

• Like 3

Trevor,  It was very kind of you to take the time away from CoilTek and clear up some of the questions from everyone on this fine forum.  There are so many people who have purchased SDC-2300's from me and other dealers.  The #1 complaint was the lack of coil options, but the amount of gold we find made up for it, which was a win win.  Now we get the opportunity to have more gold finding coils to make the SDC and our experience even better.

I look forward to seeing keeping my customers happy and also look forward to even more CoilTek options down the road.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, Coiltek said:

Hello all and there are some good points and discussion in this thread and I thought I'd jump in for a chat...

Feel free to ask questions as the more you know the better you can make your own decision whether you think the new GOLD EXTREME coils are for you.

Trevor.

It’s always nice when manufacturers pay direct attention to their customers. Good job Trevor and thanks! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1