Equinox Videos Strictly On Gold Prospecting And Detecting

On 4/9/2018 at 4:38 AM, DukeBoxer said:

Phrunt, nice gold! I don't think I saw that picture before, maybe it just didn't load. I have high hopes for the Equinox down there to find me a couple little guys like that and that picture proves yet again it can do it! I went one day with my father-in-law and we were panning in a river, rio chiquito, above where an old mine was and I got down to black sand but there was no gold. I had never panned before but I watched some videos and thought I'd try it out. We took an old aluminum pot that was shaped like a gold pan from my mother-in-law and used that. I do swear though that at one point I had the pot full of rocks and sand and I saw a piece of quartz with a little bit of gold in it...right as it was falling out of the pan and back into the river and then it was gone.

Whitbey, I've heard only great things about Osa. My wife went there on a school trip, she studied eco-tourism. The closest I've been to there is Golfito but it's on my list of places to go when we're settled in. I was talking to her the other day and told her I wanted to get the equinox to bring down there to use on the beaches and rivers for jewelry hunting and she rolled her eyes at me. Then I asked her to tell me how many people she's ever seen there detecting, her answer was no one.

I haven't checked to see about a Minelab dealer there and that might be a problem so I'll get on that right away!!

Lunk, I've stumbled across his videos and I've liked what I saw. I'll get to watching more now that you reminded me! Thanks everyone

Hi DukeBoxer,

It won' t be a problem if there is no Minelab dealer, just get yourself a good external battery power source which you plug in the NOX,it charges the detector during detecting,and can be used even if the NOX battery kicks the bucket in the future. If the NOX battery is in good shape it should give you 4 years of pleasure with the NOX, it is just like the cell your cell phone battery, but you never know with batteries, Minelab gives a one year warranty on the battery and 3 years on the control box and coil.

Do a search on this forum of NOX battery, and backup batteries which are also used to charge your cell phone in the field! There are some good articles discussing this on the forum, and for the external battery backup get yourself a good one and not the very cheap ones, you need a battery backup with 5.1 Volt and 2 A or 2.1 A of out put, to keep the NOX running fully functional !, the lower outputs don't work very well it seam's.

Also just an idea for you, I am going to do this  myself when I am going to Osa, since the high humidity and the tropical rains in Costa Rica and the jungle conditions, I like to use the water proof submersible detectors like the NOX, and there is also a good one coming out in May or June this year it is the Makro Gold Kruzer,and water proof till 6 meters/yards this is my backup detector I am going to get for Osa prospecting, would be good for the jungle conditions and humidity and good for underwater use as the NOX.

I know the area you are going to live in is much dryer then Osa, but you have to be prepared for tropical conditions, It is maybe a good idea to also get yourself a second waterproof detector like the new Makro Gold Kruzer also very sensitive on small gold, with it's 61 KHz, you can read the specs. On their website or on this forum if you go to the Nokta/Makro detector section.

Hope this is helpful for your Costa Rica gold prospecting endeavor in the near future! And get your Ass out their quickly and join your family and daughters in Costa Rica! ( LIVE LIFE, FOR LIFE START LIVING YOU )