Will Minelab Roll Out A Fix For Depth?

Welcome to the forum...the BEST Equinox forum!

If you do a search, you will find a lot of posts about Equinox depth indications. The reality is that the depth indictors are based on a specific target, and lying flat underground. Anything else is going to diverge from that depth indication. Most of us don't really use the depth indicator at all, but rely on aural indications of both search and pinpoint for better depth resolution determination.

I have never seen a detector that accurately determines depth of more than a couple of specific targets. It simply isn't finite.  The only time I believe the indicator is when the target is very near the surface, and it's showing one, maybe two triangles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SittingElf said:

Welcome to the forum...the BEST Equinox forum!

If you do a search, you will find a lot of posts about Equinox depth indications. The reality is that the depth indictors are based on a specific target, and lying flat underground. Anything else is going to diverge from that depth indication. Most of us don't really use the depth indicator at all, but rely on aural indications of both search and pinpoint for better depth resolution determination.

I have never seen a detector that accurately determines depth of more than a couple of specific targets. It simply isn't finite.  The only time I believe the indicator is when the target is very near the surface, and it's showing one, maybe two triangles.

Thanks for the info...much appreciated.

The only detector I ever owned that truly was absolutely 100% accurate with regards to depth reading was Makro Racer 2...but sold it to get Nox 800..heheh...

This person is complaining about the Nox, saying it can#t see rings and coins on the side.....check it out....

I made reply vids proving him wrong.

Here are his vids:

Here are my reply vids...lol:

.....I would not underestimate Wayne,- who did these tests ... at Ring and the coin at the edge ... I did a similar test and on a big silver coin or ring, Equinox would have an unstable response to Park1, Field1, Beach1aBeach2 ... On Park2, Field2, Gold1a Gold2, TID and Audio are all right...