ID Help Please Of Equinox Finds

Help with IDing a few finds. While at one of my favorite sites in NV., using Equinox 800 I found a few oldies. 1868 US 2 Cent Copper is certainly a "Hats Off" moment. What's the Chinese symbols on the tin mean? Anyone know pewter silverware "think it's C Parker"?

Last is a really big bullet casing. It's short & not like a longer rifle casing. Pretty wide so the bullet was at least 50 cal +? Letters F. V. V. & Co stamped on base. There is no primer. If you think of anyone who knows such items, please forward. Thanks for your help.

NVEQ84-18A.JPG

NVEQ84-18B.JPG

NVEQ84-18C.JPG

NVEQ84-18DD.jpg

• Like 4

According to results I found by googling, here is some info on the cartridge case...

Headstamp: Impressed F.V.V. Co.

Company: Fitch, Van Vechten & Co.

Years: 1864-1865

Found on: .56-46 Spencer, .56-50 Spencer and .56-52 Spencer

I also found this picture...

Here is an interesting article with info about the Spencer rifle/cartridges and a little diagram to help you id which specific cartridge it is. 

jTo09W1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice finds, Gerry!  I think this is the company that made your spoon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Parker_Company

• Like 2

I appreciate it guys.  The items seem to all date about the same period.  The C Parker Company had their hands into all kinds of early metals.  I was intrigued to see some different letters on the base of that casing.  I think my cartridges are the 56-56 caliber as they are less than 1" in length and not tapered.  I found 3 of them, but all are a little smashed too.

Thanks again guys.