Personal Messaging (PM) Read more... ×

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

I really look forward to sharing my expirence and knowledge with you guys.

Thanks for adding the link Steve and thanks for sharing all of your knowledge with us via this good forum.

Mn90403

I have 3 goto machine's that I leave in europe specially for treasure hunting as they all serve particular purposes and complement eachother.

1_ the minelab gpx4800

2_ the minelab ctx3030

3_ the garrett infinium

When I first arrive at my hunt location I get up to a vantage point and survey

The area then I grab my 4800 and 18in sef coil and walk around quickly covering ground looking for sighns of settlement or conflict, basicly im looking for period specific junk or items.

Once I locate an area with period specific items I ask myself these questions:

What is the average depth of the soil?

Is there alot of iron junk or other junk?

How big is the area?

Do I think there is any unexploded ordanence in the ground?

Then I make my decisions as to what detector is going to best suit my needs.

But most of the time as the ground is relativly shallow where I hunt I use the CTX so if I had to pick one detector it would be the CTX.

• Like 2

Dale,

I hunt the beaches more than the deserts to tell the truth.

I've got a 5000, an eTrac, SE Pro, 3030 and a Gold Bug Pro and my first detector a Whites 6000 Di Pro.

I added the 17" to the 3030 and it helps me find deeper objects under a thick sand beach.  It has easily paid for itself as all of my other machines (except the GB Pro)!

You challenge yourself more than I do with your trips.  I need to do more research and go exotic also.

Mitchel

Hey there dale I have been watching your videos for awhile now, what's happened to you guys that there are no more trips for us to check out, I have been hunting for awhile now but just recently got my own detector and your videos helped alot

Unfortunately Dale has not visited here in a couple months. He did however pretty much answer this question on a previous thread.

Posted (edited)

Hi Dale

Welcome to the forum.

I went overseas in 2017 and I am still here.Bought Equinox and Garret AT Pro and enjoy going detecting.

I am detecting in your neighbourhood when you come in Europe if you want to catch up for detect socially let me know.(send me a message if you prefer as I speak local languages as I was born here).Your mate Dave met me couple times and we got together in Cairns for a dinner and little chat. 

I enjoy it as a hobby and its first time I use this type of detecting.Come across some very interesting things and some coins.

It a hobby and I donate my finds to museums.Its a trill of find which doest it for me.

Still I miss gold detecting in Australia.

Good luck and look forward to see yours new videos.

GoldEN

Edited by GoldEn
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Michael
      Just registered but have been browsing these forums for quite a while and it has helped me a lot. Only started detecting a year ago with a Garrett Euroace and I've really enjoyed my new hobby. Just recently decided to upgrade and I've ordered an Equinox 800. I'm looking forward to it arriving and then putting into practice what I've learned here. Many thanks for all the helpful information that you've all took the time to post. 
    • By nuggetnewbie
      Hi all,
      I'm Ray in California. Just got interested in doing prospecting for recreation and enjoying the great outdoors.
      Not expecting to get rich, just thought it would be really cool for my wife and i to find some gold nuggets while
      we are camping anywhere near possible gold country. Looks like i found the right place with like minded folks
      that know a lot more than i do about it. I bought a starter pan kit and practiced a little on our last trip to Sequoia.
      Still have to master that, but i started thinking my chances would be better using a detector to narrow my digging areas.
      Happy Hunting!
    • By James Jackson
      Hello, my name is J.J. Im waiting for my first detector to arrive in mail. Garrett AT MAX. Im super excited and would realky like to meet some people to show me the ropes and make some friends. Live near Pittsburgh Zoo. Id love some help. Jacksonpgh824@gmail.Com
    • By Gatev
      Hi gyes , I’m new member in the forum and from one month I’m owner of Equinox 800 . I reading your post with interest . Mr. Steve Herschbach gives us priceless advices and everybody who own equinox too .I work with NOX almost every day in fields and woods. I finded few ancient coins . Great mashine , but need a lot of hours work . My program is field 1 , multy IQ , recovery speed 4 , iron bias 4 , 5 tones , all metal . I prefer all metal because I dont want to miss nothing in old woods and fields .
    • By Sigi0012
      Hello,
      i am from Austria (Europe) my name is Siegfried and i am 42 years old (sorry form y English) .
      Since 4 weeks i own the Equinox800 an 600, i hunt together wiht my son he ist 14 years old.
      We love the Equinox it is a first rate detector for us, we hunt mainly for coins.
      Findings from last week.
      Steve it is a great forum!

Regards
      Siegfried

• By tom reilly
      My first post after reading this fine forum's Nox thread a while.I've been an FBS user for over a decade with an Explorer II and a CTX,but at 68 I had to find a lighter unit for my shoulders sake.Got my 600 on Sat.,charged it and paired up my new avantree wireless and Sun. I went out to NYC park that has been a silver mine.I have found 569 silver coins here and my buds hundreds more since we have stumbled on to this park in 2009 however the silver has been drying up and my last 5 hunts have been skunks.I kept 600 settings in default park 1,only changing to 50 tone.My initial impression is it's a pleasure to swing such a light machine and i  could go all day with no pain.It is really fast  and being familiar with how numbers can bounce on Minelabs,I was able to call every coin before I dug it as a penny,dime,quarter.No deepies that I had missed before but I took it to the trashiest sites there( and NYC parks are the worst),I spot that I have pounded even with my 6" CTX coil,I managed to pop out a 47 Rosie(this a very eroded spot) at 1" and 08 Barber dime at 4"So far so good with the Nox.I will try other pounded parks in future hunts and see how it does but for $600 this thing seems like a real bargain.HH