Sign in to follow this  
tvanwho

Midwest Prospectors Dredging On 40 Mile River, Ak

Nice to see the gold and how you done it, great job and keep up the good work.

Been there done that, nice video, thanks for posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By vanursepaul
      Looking for tips on detecting tailing piles...
      I have the Equinox 800 and the Minelab 5000.
      and a lot of trashy tailing piles to detect !!!  🤠
      _________________________________-
      BTW----- Looks like we are running low on masks 😷 and gowns here in LA--- but we will survive--
      Vets have been exposed to tougher stuff than this!!!

Carry on and thanks for any tips on the tailing piles..
      paul
    • By osbod007
      I've been looking at the spec.'s on this dredge and it shows the trommel classifier to have holes of a maximum of 5/8 inches.  This dredge was built and put into service around 1939-1940.  I would believe that the late date of manufacture and historic operating experiences would have dictated the design spec.'s to recover the vast majority of the gold available. That said the larger gold would have been ejected out of the fan tail in the pilings mix.  I have detected tailing piles north of Fairbanks with my Tesoro LST and due to the low mineralization and favorable conditions I was hitting 22 lead at around 10 inches but no gold.  A target greater than  3/4" is sizeable so I would presume maximum depth and large area coverage would be the best plan for recovery. That along with a coordinated dozer push to keep the overburden to depths of less than  2'  I think would be ideal. My question might be which detector would be best?   Low mineralization and targets greater than 3/4" and large area coverage.
    • By Dean Stone
      Hi all, hope everyone is ready for dredging . I have a 2" Keene dredge, with the hard floats. Dose anyone how much air to put in the floats? Don't want to blow them up, but need them to float good. Any help would be good, I tried to look on line but could not find how much pressure to put in them.  Thanks  Dean
    • By mn90403
      Will all the snow help in getting more nuggets in Alaska this summer?  It seems a good thing that Dig It was in Arizona this winter.
      2020 Iditarod: Most Alaska Snowfall in 21 Years Could Make for Sloshy Sled Dog Race
      https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/2020-iditarod-alaska-sled-dog-race-aliy-zirkle/
    • By mn90403
      Take My Land Matters with you and/or study it before you go.
      My Land Matters has managed to implement both the new Alaska BLM & State mining claims systems on the Alaska Mining Claims Map. They even went further by including the State Mineral Withdrawal areas and the State Mining Leases in the mapping.

Each BLM mining claim information window now has a link directly to the BLM ACRES case file for that claim.
      Each Alaska State Mining Claim or Lease information window has a link directly to the Alaska State ADL Case file.
      Each Alaska State Mineral Withdrawal  information window has a link directly to the Alaska State ADL Case file for the Closure Order.
      http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/ClaimsAk/GetMap
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Paradise Valley is the oldest operating metal detector "pay-to-mine" operation in Alaska. The area to detect is small compared to what was available at Ganes Creek and Moore Creek and the nuggets smaller, but some great finds have been made there over the years. I was browsing around and just found a thread with some recent photos from Paradise Valley at Link deleted since Findmall update broke all old links

The actual Paradise Valley website is at http://www.akpub.com/akttt/parad.html