Whites 7.5″x12″ TDI High Q Dual Field Coil Available Separately

Hello, I am new Prospector/Detectorist and bought an older original White's TDI machine with what looks like a 12inch dual field coil.  There seems to be quite a bit of information regarding the coils on this machine complicated by the different models of TDI available.  

Is there any real need to upgrade the coil to this option or should I just go with what I have?  I read some comments on here calling the stock coil "junky".

Is there a good source of information regarding coils for this machine that can explain the different options?

There is nothing wrong with the coil that came with your detector. Many detectorists seem to think that the manufacturers put no care into the stock coil that comes with a detector, when in fact just the opposite is true. Stock coils are tuned for a machines best all around use.

You may modify the basic behavior of your detector by using other coils. A small coil will enhance small target signals plus handle ground and EMI better. A large coil will cover more ground and may get more depth on larger targets (not always).

Putting in more hours with the coil you have is often far more productive than acquiring more coils.

There are many threads on this forum that discuss coils for the TDI, with as much or more detail than you will find anywhere else. Just take a look through the TDI Threads

• Like 2

I cannot recall the last time i use my stock 12DF coil infact its only ever had about 2 hours of use since i have owned it,main larger coil that i use for pasture sites is the Coiltek 14x9 mono coil and for small finds the 7.5'' DF coil is the next most used coil.

• Like 1