How Many Members On This Forum Have Found A Jesuit Ring?

I am not good at computers but if you want to see story it was in friendly metal detectors-stories and  finds 5/2/2016 and    one a couple days later by my friend  Ramer( his name on friendly)If you could link it I   would  be grateful  .  It was the first time we hit that spot(private). 

Great finding those. I think there value is $150 ea.

I have an area where they have been found but I haven't found one. I did find a 1700's button. A British 10th Regiment of the Foot. In excellent condition with a full back.

I have buddy who had a can full of the Jesuit buttons. He set the can on the bumper of his truck and forgot about it and drove off. He tried to find them but he couldn't. All gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

10 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

friendly metal detectors-stories and  finds 5/2/2016

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=231125

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=231258

• Thanks 1

Those rings are cool. I'll bet the Indians really loved them. I found a found a small copper knife about 2 1/2" long plus a tang hammered out by Indians. I think it was an Indian camp that was over looking a river. I found pieces of copper and stone chips. I was told the copper knife was made 4000 to 6000 years ago.

Those are great finds  Rick. My friend took a other guy to the spot and he found a French ax from that era too.In 1687  the  French made war on the Seneca Indians and burnt  the village the  rings were found in .The     Rochester museum has many finds since they  sifted a nearby area  .They  have a silver  cup the Jesuits used and many rings.There  are other villages  where those rings were found too. 

I have friend who found a copper awl hammered out by the Indians in the woods by Lake Michigan.

• Like 1

I have found those and did keep them. Didn't know it could be a fishing weight. Thanks.

I buried the left  Jesuit ring at about 7" and  Trying the GMX  first with the 6" coil with 10 sens. boost  2  and SAT in mid  setting this  machine hit it very good with at least a couple inches to spare in all angles.It gave wrap around numbers of very low or  very hi  numbers.I would did this nice zip signal.