Hot Program Settings Pull Out Good Target Next To Cut Nail

Kaolin washer

With the 9inches HF coil there are 3 freqs avail. 14khz , 30 khz , 50khz.   

In fact it is quite simple , I discovered with the experience ( after 2 or 3 years detecting with the Deus ) that  first the Deus reactivity increases when the frequency increases, second its sensitivity to small targets ( small coins for exmple ) increases  . 

For example a Deus running at 30k is much more reactive and faster than if running at 14k.   There is a little depth loss but the reactivity/speed is the key in iron trashed areas.  The more reactive the detector is and the more efficient it will be for finding targets among irons.   

So I use 30khz as soon as I arrive on a high trash area. High trash areas can be recognized because of the "chatty' audio  ... If the area is clean with low iron trash I prefer to stay on the 14k freq because it goes deeper than the 30k freq on medium/big coins.

I very rarely use the 50khz because the depth loss is mportant , but this freq works well to find very small targets in extreme iron trashed areas .

This principle ( manual frequency change ) also applies to the Orx .  For info I used the coin fast mode on the Orx/9inches HF coil. I have no more the Orx because I already have a Deus but both detectors are very similar in terms of perfos ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Would you (or anyone else) explain the logic behind this?  Does it only apply to the Deus/ORX or is it a general principle?  Also, do you discriminate out the iron tones, turn down their volume, or just let them be?  I don't know Deus/ORX 'speak' so if all that is in the settings you quote it's lost on me.

I forgot to quote your question ... the answer above

8 hours ago, palzynski said:

I have the Deus for 7 years I always use the stock Deus fast nr 3 program set on fulltones . I use a 9inches round HF coil . The only thing I do in the field is changing the frequency depending on the iron trash level : 14khz on low/medium iron trashed areas , 30khz on high iron trashed areas. Thats all. Up to now I do not want to use other programs/settings because this one works perfectly ( for me .. ) ...

Deus fast is the base program that I use for all my custom programs.  

All the programs except Deep which uses a different “hotter” earlier Deus Ver 2 signal processing algorithm and Gold Field  are basically the same, they are just set up with different defaults for frequency, sensitivity, discrimination breakpoints, tone customizations, recovery speed (aka reactivity)/silencer, iron volume, target audio modulation, target graphic screen preference, and GB reference (normal or salt).  Most of the modes simply sound different than one another due to the tone customizations to make them emulate previous XP analog detector models like the Gold Maxx with impressive sounding Program names like “G-Maxx” and “GM Power” (Gold Maxx Power or GMP) rather than result in any appreciable performance differences other than those that might be affected by reactivity, frequency, or the discrimination/silencer filter settings.

For example, the only differences between GMP and Deus Fast is the recovery speed setting of 2 for GMP vs. 3 for Deus Fast and the fact that GMP runs with the silencer filter at 2 vs. silencer off for Deus Fast.  GMP will run quieter in iron than the default Deus Fast settings due to the increased silencer setting but separation and masking may be more of an issue due to the lower recovery compounded with by the silencer setting of 2 vice off.  Every other setting is identical between the two programs.  Similar comparisons can be made with the other programs: Basic, Dry Beach, Wet Beach, G-Maxx, Pitch, and Hot. 

Gold Field is a special threshold-based VCO program that uses Iron Audio cancellation vice discrimination for gold hunting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1