Another Newbie But Oldie

Hi Everyone. New to this site but old to prospecting. Great site! Still working full time so I can't post a lot but sure do appreciate the great detector advice here. I am a long time placer prospector so can help with panning and sluicing more than metal detecting.

Larry AKA Sir Pansallot

• Like 4

Welcome Sir P.

We are glad to have your experience with us, and are sure that we can learn something from you.

Where are you from and what equipment do you use?

Welcome, Sir Pansallot!  Lots of areas of interest here to cover all treasure hunting bases.  Your expertise will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hello Larry,

Welcome to the forum! We can always use new experienced people on the forum! I know your still busy, but try to drop in and visit often! Lots of information here! 👍👍

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By lures63
      Gidday Guys 
      Gary from Townsville Aust , not the most serious dirt fisherman but super serious water fisherman 🙂 , I have a equinox 800 and xterra 705 so play in the dirt abit.
      Also do a fishing show on radio you can tune in on Saturday mornings 7am Aussie time on 4k1g/listen live.
      NQFISHINGSHOW on instagram or FB
      Looking forward to joining you all for some info and help
      Cheers Gary

• By ChuckScrivener
      I’m a photographer/writer/artist out of Northern California. I have been metal detecting for about 20 years. Mostly gold nuggets. Just getting into relics and coins with my newly purchased Equinox 800. Felt it was time to join the site since I’ve been enjoying the members and knowledge shared for months. This whole Equinox thing is new to me as all I’ve ever detected with are the GPX Pulse Induction machines. I hope to learn and share the hard knock knowledge I am sure to receive from trying out a new form of detecting. Thanks for having me as a detectorprospector member and thanks for all the knowledge and inspiration I have already gained from everyone here. 
    • By Cootiewap
      Back at it after 20 yrs . Got me an AT PRO and Equinox 600 . My how things have changed ! Both of them are great 👍  went wireless on the Nox , thinking of doing the same on the Garrett. Gone to some of the old haunts and been killing it . Amazing how much stuff I missed with the older machines! I tend to favor the Nox . Only thing I'm having an issue with is finding pinpoint sweet spot .
    • By Scarfoot
      Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while and I've enjoyed all the equipment reviews and inside info. so I figured I would join in the conversation. I've been metal detecting for 16yrs with a focus on civil war relics and, pre civil war coins. 

• By pdunc
      New to this forum and have already found a lot of useful information.  A bit about myself. I’m 68 and have been detecting since 1986 off and on. Mostly on, but off the last two years. I’ve had a few higher end White’s in the past, but for the last I don’t know how many years, detected in the water with a Fisher CZ-20 and then a CZ-21. Decided to get out of detecting about 2 years ago and sold all my equipment. Felt naked without a detector, so I ordered an Equinox 600 and a Garrett pin pointer which should arrive tomorrow. Also ordered a Sito scoop. All the ground here in Maine is currently frozen and covered with snow, but I should be able to hit some non frozen ground at the coast soon to try and learn this detector. Not planning on getting out to detect as often as I have in the past as age and a sore back seem to be catching up with me. In any case, I look forward to future conversations and sharing information with you all.
    • By EWCoinhunter
      Look forward to meeting and sniffing dirt with others that love this great hobby or ours.