Garrett Axiom - Outback Gold 2! Target With Audio Video

• The title was changed to Garrett Axiom - Outback Gold 2! Target With Audio Video

26 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Dang small gold and very good sound response!! Looking forward to more field results. We may just have a serious U.S. made pulse induction detector. 

No "may" about it. The first real competition Minelab has ever faced in PI has finally arrived.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No "may" about it. The first real competition Minelab has ever faced in PI has finally 

And for 7000 users who actually continue to use it, the Axiom might perhaps be a better complimentary detector than the 6000. I am tempted.

GC

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think that is true actually. The Z and the 6000 both are troubled by similar hot rocks and salt ground, that the Axiom handles with ease. Z + Axiom is a great pairing. Or is it A to Z? :laugh:

Exactly my thinking Steve! I just feel bad to trade my 6000 in, kind of like giving your new girlfriend the boot. But I might get something sweeter in return. 😉 

GC

• Like 1

But yet I really like the 6000 too. Plus, there is the guilt. Never traded a ML for a competitor...See how far gone I am already. ML did a good job with me.😉

GC

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

But yet I really like the 6000 too. Plus, there is the guilt. Never traded a ML for a competitor...See how far gone I am already. ML did a good job with me.😉

GC

I absolutely loved the 6000, and very much because it was the first PI to get the ergonomics mostly right. It’s a tossup in that regard between 6000 with 11” mono, and Axiom with 13” mono. They both feel great. But put the 11” mono on the Axiom…. I’m really liking that. It’s more like swinging a VLF than a PI.

If I was focusing still on Nevada desert country, it might be a tougher call for me. But these days I’m in California more often than not, very steep terrain, trees, brush, lots of rock piles, and nails, endless nails. I’m not lacking for targets by any stretch of the imagination, so another inch is not as important to me, as having a machine suited for the terrain I am hunting in. Long story short I can only use one detector at a time, and I prefer now to grab the Axiom. It was very grudgingly at first, I will admit that. But with each update it’s just got better, and the last got it to the finish line. Any updates from here on out are pure gravy. I’m about as surprised as anyone, really, but at this point I’d grab the Axiom. When I looked in my crystal ball, it just made sense to sell the 6000.

Anyone doing the same because I’m doing it… really? Don’t do that! I’m a bit of a contrarian, and a motivator for me is people saying “you can’t use that and do any good.” I’ve always been a loner, and when the herd goes one way, I tend to go my own way. I enjoy tilting at windmills, and poking a stick in Goliath’s eye. I’m mostly rational, but sometimes I really do wonder. :wink: :laugh: 

steve-herschbach-garrett-axiom-balance.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm stoked there is finally another choice/competitor out there, and I'll be putting my 6000 on Ebay too the minute I know I can get an Axiom on my doorstep the next day to replace it and keep me up and running. 

Normally I'd be raising a stink, posting videos of the problem, trying to encourage some kind of fix. But for the first time in my detecting career we all have a choice and I can simply speak with my wallet instead of my voice now. That's a nice option to have at long last. Looking forward to trying this Axiom out, I could care less what company makes the best tools, I just want them to work, whoever makes them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1