New D2 Software

PI-Man

Agree totally with Bill and Steve’s comments regarding updates. For me it’ll be years before I’m satisfied that I’ve unlocked the full potential of the D2 with the present 0.71   
   If they ever introduce a small elliptical coil I’ll definitely buy one ( I have the 9” and the 11”). 

• Like 5

On 4/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, UKD2User said:

I have all three, the one I use least is the 11 inch.

That's sort of the setup I have too. I bought the machine with the 9" figuring it would work the best in target rich environments, and that I'd get the 13" for beach/field use. I'll be there in England pillaging your fields starting at the end of this coming week! 😁

• Like 5

On 4/2/2023 at 4:25 AM, relicmeister said:

Agree totally with Bill and Steve’s comments regarding updates. For me it’ll be years before I’m satisfied that I’ve unlocked the full potential of the D2 with the present 0.71   
   If they ever introduce a small elliptical coil I’ll definitely buy one ( I have the 9” and the 11”). 

Ditto that!

I think we've had 3 public updates since the D2 release and the V0.71 was substantial and gave us a lot of what we had been asking for. When I bought mine it came with the second version of V0.6 and I used that for a month or so before updating to V0.71. Even for a XP noob like me, I could tell there were marked improvements. Now, after using V0.71 for almost a year and learning the D2 more, I'm really liking it and I can work with this. I still feel the D2 was the best purchase I could have made for the types of detecting I do and haven't felt the need to buy any of the other new ones. JMHO.

• Like 7

I 100% agree with CPT! 

• Like 2

I miss only a little bit better unmasking in heavy iron. Is good but I want something more 😉 But I'm talking about very hard area to hunt.

• Like 3

I frequently experience vdi’s of 7 or 9 (never 8 ) with good non-ferrous tone.  Some have been small iron with a small or thin non-ferrous, and some have just been very small iron with some symmetry In their shape. And that is regardless of tone choice other than full tones.  Full tones just doesn’t know how to act or react yet. It’s like a hyperactive teen at his first job.   

However in Deep HC, small or large iron will false in both VDI and tone running stock discrim , but lowering the descrim will make that same target false in tone but read a 7 or 9 VDI. I haven’t noticed that in any other program, but I haven’t dwelled too much on it. 

• Like 2

And I also hope it’s not 0.72!  But if it is at least our custom programs should migrate over during the update😀

• Like 2