Vince

Questions About The Goldmonster 1000 From A Newbie

Was there any more modern day gold rushes in france in the 1850s or thereabouts, do you know the methods that were used to mine the gold by the romans and celtics. If there hasnt been much modern prospecting done there you might be surprised at what may still be found. A lot of knowledge about how and where gold occurs and how it moves has been gained in the last 150 years or so which may have been lacking for the earlier miners. Even though you have had 2000+ years of gold mining it was likely not very efficient and using modern techniques such as detecting may open up some great possibilities

• Like 1

We still find loads of gold here in Aus around old timer diggings, these old timers were very thorough at getting the gold, but they did miss quite a bit.

I am sure the Romans left plenty for you to find with a Monster and if you are finding new flood gold there is still a source shedding gold somewhere upstream.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello !

Some news after 4 months with my GM1000 in France.

As I expected, it is very difficult in the French creeks because there is a lot of trash (leads, nails, scraps...) ! So, a lot of false signals... The GM 1000 really detects very small pieces, it sounds with 1 or 2 mm leads !

But i've found my first little nugget with the GM 1000 : 0.286 gr !

loc.thumb.jpg.7950499e8bc9375c98ac54aef821cdb0.jpg

gold.thumb.jpg.b7893bbf5a8b00c6cc08dfa5516b37fa.jpg

The detector also helped me locate cracks filled with trash that were good traps for gold as well.

In any case it's a lot of fun :smile:

• Like 7

Congratulations - I am very impressed that you can find a gold nugget in France with a metal detector. You must be a member of a small number of people that have ever done so.

• Like 1

Outstanding Vince, perseverance does pay off and you've been more than dedicated! I wonder if the flow of nuggets will increase now that you've found one! I do hope so.

I would have now a  opportunity to get a used GM1000 for 500 Euro.

As i understand you can not compare this detector to the GPX Series. Because of my job situation i can not go more than 2 Weeks to Tansania visite my friend there so i was thinking to go and make first a big research about the goldfields, mines and see if we are able to find any gold with a detector before investing more money.    

But what do you think??

If there is gold, can we find it with the GM1000?

Greetings Erik

Yes, the Gold Monster works and gold can be found with it. That’s not to say it will be if any use to you. Metal detectors are simply tools and the only way to find out if one works for a particular task is to give it a try. The problem is not the detector, it is in predicting the gold geology and the level of operator expertise at work.