Sign in to follow this  
Mxt Sniper

Aftermarket Coils For Gm1000??

I was just wondering if there was any plans of aftermarket coils being produced for the Minelab GM1000? I can think of a couple reasons why they would be welcomed. The coils seem to be impact sensitive, and the coils do not have good edge sensitivity. Am also wondering if a concentric coil can be built to work on the gm1000? I tend to prefer concentric coils over dd's for vlf nugget detecting.

I heard a rumor of an aftermarket coil in the works a year ago, but nothing has come of it so far.

nugget-found-with-gm1000-embedded-in-lum

• Like 1

I asked Nel and Mars some time ago if they were going to make one, both said no, I have no idea why, maybe they think the market is too small or because it already comes with 2 coils there is no need, my understanding is they're standard coils, not smart coils, no chip involved.

A nice epoxy filled coil would be great for the Monster.

• Like 2

After being brought up again i thought I'd contact Mars and Nel again to see if they've changed their minds

Mars has replied now, nothing from Nel yet, Mars looks promising and I love their Tiger Coil on my T2, they're tough and very sensitive to small objects.  I would say my Tiger which is 13", is as sensitive to small objects as my 5" T2 coil.

Hello Simon,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and your interest in our products.

We have intention to make coils for this machine but at the moment it's not our top priority.

Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Kate Poliarska
MarsMD

Phone: +38 050 3806194
E-mail: kate@marsmd.com
Web: www.marsmd.com
www.facebook.com/marsmdoffice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I of course replied encouraging them to make it a top priority, first in best dressed, if they beat every other manufacturer and make a good coil for it they'll sell a lot of them, if they wait and become the second manufacturer they then have competition.  I have no doubt if Mars do make a coil for it, it will be a great coil.

Maybe if a few people contact them showing interest it might spur things along.

• Like 1

I tried again to convince Mars to make a GM1000 coil by saying there are no aftermarket coils for it, people aren't overly happy with the stock coils and would love to get their hands on a epoxy filled coil and a few different coil types. This was there reply, fingers crossed 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Simon,

Thanks a lot for your interest to this matter and your initiative in this regard. I'll pass everything you told me to our guys for their consideration. Hopefully they'll take a new look at this issue.

Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Kate Poliarska
MarsMD

• Like 1

Coiltek and Nugget Finder would seem to be the obvious options.

Oh don't you worry, I'm trying 🙂  If you don't ask, you don't receive.  They also need to know there is interest to make it even viable to consider.

• Like 1

I had no joy with Nuggetfinder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Simon

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not currently have any plans to produce coils for the Gold Monster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting thing about the Gold Monster is it was designed for Africa and I have to assume the vast majority are sold there. And while the machine has done well in the U.S. I get the impression the Aussies have generally decided it is not up to their mineralization? Whatever, the point being that unless a company has some kind of African distribution network then producing an accessory coil for the Gold Monster might not be a great idea.

• Like 1

Coiltek have said no, Nel never replied so I take that as a no, so Mars is the only hope!  Only problem is they're unlikely to do a closed design.

Mars did make a coil for the GPX series, a 15" round DD and Mono.

%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%

http://en.marsmd.com/mars-goliath-coil-for-minelab-gpx-dd-mono/

Their 7" might be ok

pic-7en.jpg

• Like 1