fullsizeoutput_116b.jpeg

IMG_6997.JPG

• Like 4

Messed up on my original post and forgot the wording.  However, just got back from visiting family in Denver , CO. and found the coins and items in a local park.  Found 1955d wheat penny, hose nozzle, and what appears to be address name plate before zip codes which I believe started in 1963, Don't know what it was on as was not found at the same address as shown on the item. Any ideas? Used my normal Park 1 mode with recovery at 5, iron bias at 1, and sensitivity depending on conditions. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Kaolin washer
      Took the ORX to a tot lot and used the park program 8.4 khz. 2.5 sweep speed and a gaine of 79 and had the disc set to 45 and was using Coin Fast and i really cleaned house this time . 14 quarters - 7 dimes- and 6 nickles and a few pennys , and some heavy foils .but the light foils sounded low and would get lost at about 2" and i would say a good hunt .the nice thing is because the ORX is so darn light i was able to cover the hole tot lot 50 feet x 50 feet. also found a brass dog walking thing.  The Funny thing is I have been sneering at this tot lot sins early spring. figuring it was a dud .

• By F350Platinum
      Got permission to hunt a new campground, they tell me no one has ever asked. 😈 Talked to the Assistant GM and he got permission from the boss. Carte Blanche again!! 🥳
      This place is huge, a lake, lots of playgrounds, volleyball, you name it. Over 1,000 campsites. I feel honored.
      Spent 10 minutes around the lake and volleyball court, got coins. Relics came from a huge farm that they are about to convert to new campsites. I was there about 2 hours.
      The small silver-ish jewelry fragment may be gold, I have to clean it up a bit more to see if it has a mark. It was a 5/6, and was about 8" deep. It has brown shiny jewels on it. The small ornate fragment looks to be copper, it was a 21 and says "KLD" on the back. What looks like an odd salt shaker top rounds out the relics. Other than that I found a lot of bullets and shotgun shell ends from the 1800s. Aluminum trash is non-existent in the farm. The lake is EMI city.
      Oldest coin is a 1970 penny. Going in the lake tomorrow.
    • By dogodog
      It's been a while since I last posted and I have been busy with work and the yard. Not that I have not been out a few times, But today was something I had to take the time to share with everyone.  I had the day off and wanted to go out early and see what the day would bring me. 5:00 am I decided to get dressed for the day and found a new T shirt that the wife had bought me, It said life is good. It had a dog holding an american flag in its mouth. I thought to myself this might bring me some good luck. Well I think it did. My first three hours were at a spot I hunted a few times. Its loaded with clad and I decided to hunt for quarters and dimes. After a few dollars in clad, I hit a 1945 Washington, (good start) A few more Quarters and I changed spots, Hunting an old horseshoe pit. No luck so I moved a few hundred feet and got a 24-25 on the 800. Out pops a ring that was pretty neat looking but seemed odd and silver plated, But it turned out to be  sterling stamped ring made by Unca Co. in the mid 1900's. This morning is turning out pretty good. More clad and I decided to go back to the washington find and go a little slower. With in a minute I got a bouncy on edge tone that produced a very worn Denver mint standing liberty with no date. Sadly I had to go mow the lawn, But being greedy I needed to go back out to another spot. I called my buddy and we went to an old farm house that we hit once a month ago. The last trip yielded a capped bust, large cent, silver broach, pocket watch and an really early buckle. Today I had lower expectations. Well that didn't quite turn out that way. It started out a little slow but ended in a great way. My first good hit was a 1918 merc. Followed by a bunch of wheaties, 9 I think. My buddy hit a large cent and I followed up with a really nice 1914 barber quarter and a KG 3. He ended his day with a nice 1915 barber quarter. LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!!!

• By F350Platinum
      Went out for a couple of hours this morning. I find that the 2nd day after a big rain (we got 8"+ in two days) is better than the day after. It was a nice day, pretty cool and the deer flies are finally on the decline. I loaded up with Cutter and headed out to the steamboat landing, I have been mowing small portions of it for access to the river and to hunt the dirt as well. Can't do the whole thing, it's quite a few acres.
      I cleared this ~30x40' space that I think was where a small building was, there is brick and lots of iron. It's a challenge to find anything so I went for deep iffy signals that were for the most part repeatable.

I wasn't disappointed, great conduction today. Got the usual junk:
      Lamp parts, what might be gun parts, and shotgun shell ends. A couple nails. The round disc appears to be the back of a wristwatch, there are no markings.
      Dug a couple of wheats, a 1918 and one with no discernible date. The latter was 8" down under a root. Some chrome plated object, probably recent.
      The buckles were the most interesting things, first is a suspender buckle similar to one Chase found here, with a patent date:
      Second is what I think is from the 1700s, not sure whether it is for a shoe or knee:
      Unfortunately the rounded plate is twisted, I don't dare try to fix it.
      Last is another of the clip type buckles, this makes #3 and is the most spectacular of them all. I have the other half. This one is the most ornate:
      Got new headphones I'm going to try out there tomorrow.