Button Finds With The Orx. Questions About Tones?

DeltaDigger

I found these buttons yesterday with the ORX. Two of the buttons were "D" buttons and one was a "V" button. While I'm glad the ORX hit the targets I'm unsure how I was able to tell if they were digable targets. Granted I don't have a lot of hours with the ORX but I'm having significant problems trying to identify good targets. The target ID numbers seem to be unreliable and the tones seemed to be slurred once you get past the iron tone. I'm not knocking the machine but was hoping for some tips on the "how to" of recognizing the "dig me" targets.

I have the HF Elliptical coil and I'm detecting in fairly trashy areas. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Any chance XP will push an update that may help with TID and tones?

IMG_0030.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The ORX limits on tone ID with just 3 tones is in play here.  I could live with that tone limitation if XP saw fit to also provide pitch tone as an option.  Be careful about Coin fast.  Coin fast utilizes an automatic silencer filter which quiets the machine down in thick iron but can also exacerbate non-ferrous masking.  Overall, the signal processing of coin fast vs. coin deep results in quieter overall operation even if you take silencer out of the equation.  If auto silencer is implemented on ORX similar to Deus than it should be turned off at Reactivities 2.5 and above (which is also where you probably want reactivity to be in super thick iron anyway).  I would give high reactivity coin fast a spin at this site.  Also, you might want to experiment with Gold mode.  It can ultimately give you a pitch-like tone deeper than the coin modes but of course no Tone ID (only visual target ID) and takes some getting used to because it also does not use traditional discrimination but instead an iron audio cancel setting that just breaks up signals it thinks are probable ferrous.  Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1