kac

Profind 35 Self Calibration Question

My Profind 35 seems to sound off on nothing and seems to be getting worse. 

If I turn it on away from anything facing upward it will sound off if I turn it facing down. If I turn it on facing down it seems to be ok but will start sounding off sometimes sideways. I have cut the sensitivity to halfway but that makes no difference. I have a fresh 9v in it.

Has anyone else run into this?

(note it is a replacement unit, previous unit the speaker died but would run pretty stable)

kac, yes, same with my 35. I'll pull it out of a dig hole and it will continue to beep. Sometimes just starts beeping by itself, I have to turn it off then back on for it to work, not very reliable. I have purchased a carrot and given up on the 35. Not sure what is up with Minelab pin pointers but my 25 did the same thing.

If I turn it on facing down at a 45 it does better but there are time I feel like just leaving in the hole I just dug and burry the bugger.

So I guess that random loss of calibration is a "Feature" and does not warrant an RMA from Minelab.

Thanks for the reply.

My Profind 35 also gets "stuck" on occasionally also but so does my Garrett pinpointer.  I have to turn it off and back on to get it to function properly.

• Like 1

I noticed my Pro Find 35 acting odd also. It interfered with my ORX and also Tekentics T2. It's a nice pinpointer that has great depth but due to it acting weird and interfering with my detectors it is not used anymore. The Mars pinpointer I bought is not as bad about interfering. I can run my ORX at the lower end of the frequencies now without the interference. I've been pleased with the Mars pinpointer. It seems to be more focused on the tip end than the Pro Find 35.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Misho
      So my  minelab pro find 35 has just arrived and it's not vibrating.
      Any easy fix?
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      According to this thread.Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links
      I have looked at Xp's site, no update posted, still Feb 2017 version.
      This link here may be related to the why behind update.
      http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/537969-mi-6-led-charging-manual-typo.html
      It may be the only thing Xp needs to do is change the date of the manual on their sites.
      I could be wrong though.
    • By Metalman
      Hi there, is it normal that on air and on the ground my nokta pulse dive can't find my 18k wedding ring???
    • By Edsped
      This little thing actually kills it!
      My cousin and I have been using the pulse dive in salt water exclusively and although it has a small coil, the ability to swing this thing like mad hugely make up for that fact!
      So far I’ve found the design/ quality of the PulseDive to be very ideal for salt water hunting.  The machine simply beeps and buzzes in your hand, is easily audible  through the water and there is practically no maintenance other than just cleaning the rubber seal/gasket every now and then but there is no knobs, cables, headphones or anything that I can see deteriorating on this detector.
      Depth is definitely surprising when digging targets but still decent in air tests with a nickel/10c Aussie coin hitting at 4” air test and depending on minerals in the sand it’ll hit deeper 5-6” even due to its non-motion nature.
      Anyone who wants to try water detecting I highly recommend trying the PulseDive, the small size and lack of headphones make it ridiculously convenient and even stealthy if you want to be discrete or are a bit shy! 
      This isn’t really a review but just a quick mention of what I think is important to know about the machine 👍
      Here is the gold we’ve found on the last few outings 👊👊👊 
      Pulsedive Scuba Detector & Pinpointer

• By Sigfla
      I am trying to decide on my first PP. Its between a Garrett AT Pro, Minelab 35, or Pulse Dive. The primary use is probably on land with some use at the beach as well. Maybe a 70/30 split between the 2. I like the Pulse Dive bc I also scuba and having that ability is a plus. The Garrett being US based was my first choice as it appears to be the most common in use these days. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. If it makes any difference I am using a Minelab 600. 
    • By Againstmywill
      I just sent two of my orange Pro-Pointers in because they were falsing badly. I had taken one apart and was unable to make it work. In fact, I really messed it up to the point it was a hopeless cause. The capacitor was bad on that one, and I assume it was the same thing for the other one as well. Garrett took care of me and gave me a new outside and inside (they both look new, so I'm not sure if the guts are new or fixed. Anyway, for the repair and shipping back to me, it was $80 total. Great customer service!