Best Detector Under $300?

I was out hunting today, nearing the end of the session.  A young man (mid-20's?) approached and said 'hello' so I pulled off my headphones and returuned the greeting.  He stated that thanks to a high school teacher who was a detectorist he was interested in adding the hobby, and asked for some advice on getting started.  I inquired about his goals and what he was willing to invest.  His response was that he wasn't sure what kind of detecting he would do, but he had about $200 to get started.  The answer was easy -- get a Simplex.

nokta-makro-simplex-metal-detector.jpg

49 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I was out hunting today, nearing the end of the session.  A young man (mid-20's?) approached and said 'hello' so I pulled off my headphones and returuned the greeting.  He stated that thanks to a high school teacher who was a detectorist he was interested in adding the hobby, and asked for some advice on getting started.  I inquired about his goals and what he was willing to invest.  His response was that he wasn't sure what kind of detecting he would do, but he had about $200 to get started.  The answer was easy -- get a Simplex.

Are there any in the states yet???

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine end of October. So far happy with it. Have used once on beach in wet and dry sand but a bit cold for water at this time of year...Taken it out to a few fields. Also satisfied. Don't have headphones for it yet but I'll get some soon. I agree defo best detector under 3 bills. So many great features. I have an ace 300 and a few others in my arsenal but none with the range of features the simplex has...