Howdy From Central Mn

MN_Digger

Been relic hunting and metal detecting for quite a few years...getting back into it after a hiatus for a few years (sometimes life gets in the way). What I like the most about the hobby is the historical research that goes into finding sites. Besides metal detecting, I also enjoy hunting for, and collecting, Native American artifacts as well as old bottles and marbles. Happy hunting!

Welcome to the forum Mn Digger, This is a great place to find some answers or just comment on some really great topic's. You'll find a lot of great info and experience from everyone here on DP. I'm looking foward to some of your finds and posts.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have your knowledge.

I am sure that everyone is waiting some of the finds from your part of the country that is rich in history.

Hey MN, 

Glad to have you!  Great place to learn,  and share experiences! Keep us posted!👍👍

Welcome, MN_digger!  Sounds like you've already got the 'bug'.  Have you ever accidentally stumbled upon marbles or bottles worthy of your collection while out detecting?  I don't mean when you've intentionally gone to a dump site but rather were just detecting an old site, got a signal and while digging that out found some keeper glass.

On 8/10/2020 at 6:52 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome, MN_digger!  Sounds like you've already got the 'bug'.  Have you ever accidentally stumbled upon marbles or bottles worthy of your collection while out detecting?  I don't mean when you've intentionally gone to a dump site but rather were just detecting an old site, got a signal and while digging that out found some keeper glass.

Thanks for the welcome folks!

GB_Amateur, I haven't inadvertently dug keeper bottles but have dug numerous marbles up with adjacent detected items.  Had an arrowhead in my water scoop four or five years ago. That was pretty exciting!