New Gig At Rye Patch

Rick,  When I 1st started detecting Rye Patch in the mid 90's, I was poor and many trips from Idaho, I'd carpool and pay half the gas.  Life was simple back then with just the basics.  I'd sleep on the ground on a tarp and toss a military wool blanket over me and all was good.  Well about a yr later my old-timer friend Tom C. (since passes away) pulled out one of those night lights.  It was amazing the amount of glowing scorpions scattering all around us.  I bet we counted 15+ in a matter of 30' area and it was right there above the burn barrel. 

When I was a teenager out catfishing one night, I accidentally sat right on one and it was a very unpleasant night.  The burning pain was only half the battle, but the swelling in my glands and throat (making it hard to swallow) was very real.

Needless to say, I have never spent a night on the ground since that glowing night with the UV light.

Interesting rocks and what is the history of them?

Nice gold by the way.

Black Lighting at night in your SxS looks fun !!! Finding Gold even better !!!!! Wish I was coming down this winter but border, covid, and election year just didn't need extra stress.... Even sold my 6x6 while in Quartzite last winter & bought a new 2020 Can-Am Commander 800R just for navigating deserts. Seats 2 really comfortable & has a decent size dump bed for gear or glow in the dark rocks.... Fits on all 4x4 trails ( so far ) So if you stop in at Gold Diggers tell everyone Hi !!! for me &  I look forward to seeing all next fall !!!! I'm already getting bored at home !!!!! Gonna be a long 6 months !!!!! Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

20200820_122149.jpg

20200703_200524.jpg

Tell Paul you are there and be bored together!

23 hours ago, Dig It said:

Black Lighting at night in your SxS looks fun !!! Finding Gold even better !!!!! Wish I was coming down this winter but border, covid, and election year just didn't need extra stress.... Even sold my 6x6 while in Quartzite last winter & bought a new 2020 Can-Am Commander 800R just for navigating deserts. Seats 2 really comfortable & has a decent size dump bed for gear or glow in the dark rocks.... Fits on all 4x4 trails ( so far ) So if you stop in at Gold Diggers tell everyone Hi !!! for me &  I look forward to seeing all next fall !!!! I'm already getting bored at home !!!!! Gonna be a long 6 months !!!!! Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

20200820_122149.jpg

20200703_200524.jpg

Very nice!

I just picked up this....

Now to kit it out. Will be a combined prospecting and camel shooting buggy

image0.jpeg

Nice looking rig you have Madtuna, and while Dig it has a awesome ride also i prefer the yellow when in the field so i can where i parked. 🙃  ht