2020 Metal Detecting Finds

Compass

14 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

The one thing I was shocked  about this year was all the clad that me and my buddies found on the dry sand  in this" as they say" cashless society      .I got about $10 of  clean clad one time and my buddy  clad hopper found about $12 one time and was always getting  over $5 most of the time. He was cleaning up the clad on the beach while I hunted  mostly  in the water.He used his Nox on the beach to get these results.For some reason he could not get any gold in the  dry     sand.I got lucky and got a couple.The   dry sand has been stingy on the  gold the  last few years  while the water has been more given. 

I agree that the water and wet sand seem to be the places to hunt if you are looking for rings. I think that most jewelry is lost in the surf. I have nothing against clad but I'd rather scoop up that $200 gold band than 800 quarters.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well done!

Thank you GhostLight, I know that you are just starting out and found your first gold ring recently-congrats again! You may have already heard this but one great thing about metal detecting is that finding gold never gets old. It is always a thrill seeing gold in you scoop or coming out of the ground no matter how many times it happens. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great finds, and just wanted to say I really like the photo setup with the rings and chains. Hopefully 2021 is even better!

Thanks Steve, I honestly think that it will difficult for me to top this year, not that I won't try. Everything just seemed to fall into place this year and most of my detecting decisions seemed to work out for the better. I suppose a Rolex watch, 2 carat diamond ring or gold coin would help though! 🙂

• Like 1

Congrats on a great year!  (and the fat lady has not sang yet)LOL  I see you staged "the" bracelet nicely!  And retirement is way underrated too.  I recommend it highly for all.  It is nice to get out anytime you want and not around a schedule.  Congrats again!!!

Joe

• Like 1

Thanks for the great display of finds. You are clearly on your way to mastering retirement, congratulations!  ht 

• Thanks 1

What a fantastic year of incredible finds. Your post is motivation for a nugget hunter turned beach hunter! Thanks for the post. I'll be hunting the beaches in Maui in a week with the Nox. Last trip at Thanksgiving only gave up clad, but this time I hope for gold!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cuniagau said:

Congrats on a great year!  (and the fat lady has not sang yet)LOL  I see you staged "the" bracelet nicely!  And retirement is way underrated too.  I recommend it highly for all.  It is nice to get out anytime you want and not around a schedule.  Congrats again!!!

Joe

Thanks Joe, You better believe that I didn't hide that bracelet in the back. I imagine that it has spent most of the year in hiding already and deserves to be seen and appreciated! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Thanks for the great display of finds. You are clearly on your way to mastering retirement, congratulations!  ht 

My pleasure ht, I'm glad you liked it. My only experience with retirement is in a Covid world so I'm looking forward to things getting back to "normal".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, matt said:

What a fantastic year of incredible finds. Your post is motivation for a nugget hunter turned beach hunter! Thanks for the post. I'll be hunting the beaches in Maui in a week with the Nox. Last trip at Thanksgiving only gave up clad, but this time I hope for gold!

Thank you Matt, I hope you do better at finding jewelry than I would do at prospecting. I've seen some beautiful things found in Hawaii and you have a great detector to use too. Have a great trip!

5 hours ago, Compass said:

I agree that the water and wet sand seem to be the places to hunt if you are looking for rings. I think that most jewelry is lost in the surf. I have nothing against clad but I'd rather scoop up that $200 gold band than 800 quarters.

You got to keep an eye out for those  West Point mint quarters.Check your change or what you detect. If you got $50,000 lying around plus about 1200  for shipping  the mint will send you a pallet of   200,000 coins  and could check for those special quarters. 

• Thanks 1