Blisstool Still Around?

On 2/7/2021 at 5:07 PM, kac said:

Strange they would just give up, they seemed to have a small following of loyal users. Maybe they threw in the towel and gave up. It seemed to be a unique machine that wouldn't appeal to the mass market, maybe looked a little intimidating :)

If I find a working one pretty cheap on ebay I may snag one but $900 USD is bit of a stretch for something without a warranty for me since I don't have the knowledge to fix the circuit or the tools. Patch a couple wires, replace a pot I'm ok with.

Hi the owner is now fully involved in electric supercars business...

Interesting, wonder if his super car designs will have a dashboard that rivals the Morgans with all sorts of toggle switches and knobs 🙂

Cool career change, thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, kac said:

Interesting, wonder if his super car designs will have a dashboard that rivals the Morgans with all sorts of toggle switches and knobs 🙂

Cool career change, thanks for sharing.

I owned  a  Blisstool v6 !! this thing can sniff a coin in red clay 20 " deep (with the 11" stock  coil ) with ease...

But if you have a problem with the machine it takes month before they take care of it and ship back...😬

B+

• 7 months later...

I know that this is an older post... I have a Blisstool V6 with the three coils that were offered that I'd be willing to part with... It works great and is my fastest hunting machine if I want to cover a lot of ground... it's the way to go. I just haven't been detecting a bunch lately and have two eTracs with numerous coils, a Teknetics G2+ with multiple coils and a Equinox with several coils, three Minelab coils and two Coiltek coils. Anyhow, I'm not really interested in shipping it. I live in S E Michigan (48183) and if someone is interested and would like to see it in-person let me know. It's in very good condition and I'm thinking $450. 

Gerry

7 hours ago, gdzag said:

I know that this is an older post... I have a Blisstool V6 with the three coils that were offered that I'd be willing to part with... It works great and is my fastest hunting machine if I want to cover a lot of ground... it's the way to go. I just haven't been detecting a bunch lately and have two eTracs with numerous coils, a Teknetics G2+ with multiple coils and a Equinox with several coils, three Minelab coils and two Coiltek coils. Anyhow, I'm not really interested in shipping it. I live in S E Michigan (48183) and if someone is interested and would like to see it in-person let me know. It's in very good condition and I'm thinking $450. 

Gerry

Might want to post that in the classifieds with some pics. Very good price.

Thanks KAC,

That’s a good recommendation. I just put it here because of the interest shown in the Blisstool. I have no problem keeping it in my collection, it’s just that I thought that if someone wanted to put the Bliss to better, more regular use because they love the machine… then I would let it go. See, if I put it in the “Classifieds”, then I’d have be prepared to ship it, and I did that once before and it’s a pain. This was just a casual offer to anyone interested for the reason I offered above… I still love the machine, so it’s no big deal if I ever sold it… IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE?

Gerry

Personally I would keep it if I had one if it is in good working condition, one of those classic hard to find machines that worth hanging on to. 3 coils and unit for $450 sounds a bit low to be honest.

I'm not letting my V5 and three coils go anytime soon.

I don't think many V5 or V6 units were sold after the V4 fiasco.

Don't think, from what I have seen over the years more than 2 or 3 each of the V5 or V6 exist in the US or Canada. I believe you and Paul in Ca have two of the V6. I know of one other V5.

With a couple changes in parts (pots), my V5 now has a finer more precise GB tuning range than the stock pot to get GB spot on. I switched to a RV6 precision pot. The stock pot is a cheap one.  Between setting lets say 5-6, adjustment range is like 5- 5.5-6. Your GB can be off at either settings. With the precision pot you adjustment range between 5-6 would be like 5.1-5.2-5.3-5.4-5.5-5.6 and so on. A lot more resolution.

Gain pot was changed from a linear to an audio taper, more usable range than 0-2 usually recommended, which is now spaced over a wider range 0-5. And you get a bit more range at max. Gain. See picture.

Just those two simple  mods make a big difference in tuning and stability. Makes for a much more fun detector to use. Fast set-up and can be a turn on and go detector. I love it with the 7x9 coil for coin and jewelry hunting.

Anyways, you may want to keep the V6.

Gain Pot Change.png

rv6.png

1 hour ago, Sven1 said:

I'm not letting my V5 and three coils go anytime soon.

I don't think many V5 or V6 units were sold after the V4 fiasco.

Don't think, from what I have seen over the years more than 2 or 3 each of the V5 or V6 exist in the US or Canada. I believe you and Paul in Ca have two of the V6. I know of one other V5.

With a couple changes in parts (pots), my V5 now has a finer more precise GB tuning range than the stock pot to get GB spot on. I switched to a RV6 precision pot. The stock pot is a cheap one.  Between setting lets say 5-6, adjustment range is like 5- 5.5-6. Your GB can be off at either settings. With the precision pot you adjustment range between 5-6 would be like 5.1-5.2-5.3-5.4-5.5-5.6 and so on. A lot more resolution.

Gain pot was changed from a linear to an audio taper, more usable range than 0-2 usually recommended, which is now spaced over a wider range 0-5. And you get a bit more range at max. Gain. See picture.

Just those two simple  mods make a big difference in tuning and stability. Makes for a much more fun detector to use. Fast set-up and can be a turn on and go detector. I love it with the 7x9 coil for coin and jewelry hunting.

Anyways, you may want to keep the V6.

Gain Pot Change.png

rv6.png

Sven,

That sounds like a great option and you really got me thinking… it sounds as if you have an electronics background… would I be correct? If not… even more impressive. Would you have a part number for the gain pot that you used… I have enough electrical experience to be slightly-less than dangerous.

Thanks,

Gerry

22 minutes ago, gdzag said:

Sven,

That sounds like a great option and you really got me thinking… it sounds as if you have an electronics background… would I be correct? If not… even more impressive. Would you have a part number for the gain pot that you used… I have enough electrical experience to be slightly-less than dangerous.

Thanks,

Gerry

Let me check my notes to see exactly what I used, might be a day or two. I may have extra correct pots on hand to save you the trouble of ordering at higher prices than I paid.  Have been building Pi's for the past 10 years. 

anthoz2.JPG