GPX 6000 Water Resistant Design

One nice thing about the GPZ was it being relatively rain proof. The GPX 6000 addresses one thing many of us had to deal with.... rain. And lots of it in Alaska. I spent weeks in the rain, and as anyone knows, you do not want to get water in those little toggle switches.

No more of this...

metal-detecting-in-the-rain.jpg

but instead this....

minelab-gpx-6000-rainproof.jpg

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

One nice thing about the GPZ was it being relatively rain proof.

Looks like a nearly perfect machine thus far. Have not seen anything yet that I don't like.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:08 AM, Gold Catcher said:

Looks like a nearly perfect machine thus far. Have not seen anything yet that I don't like.

The price! And lack of 100% accurate ferrous discrimination.... or any discrimination at all. Don’t toss your VLF yet! :laugh:

There is nothing like a harness and bungee, and rain suits, and head nets, and bags over control boxes, while finding tiny gold nuggets in the mud. :smile:

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The price! And lack of 100% accurate ferrous discrimination.... or any discrimination at all. Don’t toss your VLF yet! :laugh:

Good advice and I never would. Nothing beats my GM (5 in) when I need to discriminate for shallow small gold. But, Gerry's recent praise of the Nox (6 in) as a superior small gold sniffer makes me wonder if I am behind the curve with the GM. I am not a relic hunter but perhaps the next Nox generation would be the perfect choice to complete my "gold" fleet. 🤔

Steve isn't that Wilma Beaumont on the far R. of your rain picture?

A legend in her own right…both as a detector operator and as a person.

Flak

You beat me to that question, I was wondering what year that picture was taken. Wilma had a birthday just a few days ago!

Norm

Yes, that is Wilma in 2005 up at my Moore Creek Mine. I know Wilma back from when she was the first importer of Minelab detectors into the U.S. The photo was taken after our first year as a pay-to-mine operation, in the rainy fall after I cleared the clients out. I gave Wilma a free visit to the mine, but unfortunately she was off her game and did not have any luck with the gold that visit.