Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

Modded detectors can perform as well as new technology if you are willing to take the risk.  Sometimes that 'risk' only needs to buy an aftermarket coil such as the ones for the SDC.  How do those 'numbers' stack up against the ratings for the Minelab only products?

Location is more important to me now than technology.

That being said ... the 6000 may allow for better locations to be detected than the other detectors thus the redundancy is reduced.

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Now I’m probably going to get growled at!!

Just cheers from us for sure !?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I think this detector is going more for simplicity. It’s what the equinox did.

The Equinox was not simplicity for beginners, that is for sure. I know quite a few who ended up selling there Nox for a Gold Monster. The GM is a lot more simple for beginners but of course the GM is more gold only.

G4G

• Like 2

4 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Then it just boils down to how deep do you wanna dig for really small gold?

4 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I mean in all reality do we really need any more sensitive machines? I don’t really think that is the case. I think that their new technology behind it is all about eliminating the noise (EMI, Ground, etc.) that could reveal a few small pieces that were left behind

I think the reality is that smaller gold deeper is pretty much what's left on offer for most of us & quite possibly where the 6000 is going to shine & where ML are heading with it. Will the amount of small gold & the effort required to dig deeper for it going to excite most of us & be worth our while? I guess that depends on your motive for gold detecting in the first place. If it comes down to making money out of it & having it pay its way it could be a long road.

G4G 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Here is the complete comparison including GPZ. Sorry for the blurred picture.Capture.JPG.6fda2beec8696ceed03d25d2b4ddfe97.JPG

I guess I'm too old to be still impressed by Minelab marketing hype such as the above.

If all the accumulated "20% depth increase" claims for successive Minelab model releases over the years were accurate, I'd be using an excavator instead of a pick by now  :)

Clearly, the above chart also fails to take into account aftermarket coil usage.

I'm with Rick. Wake me up when some real "boots on the ground" results from experienced, impartial testers are posted.

• Like 5