Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And yet it tells me all I need to know! Funny how that works.

Here is the complete comparison including GPZ. Sorry for the blurred picture.Capture.JPG.6fda2beec8696ceed03d25d2b4ddfe97.JPG

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, 1 star for SDC and GPZ is a bit odd. But it shows the intended trend across machines.

Like others were saying before, I think this detector is going more for simplicity. It’s what the equinox did. Also I think it’s trying to combine multiple detectors. Also kind of like with the equinox did. If this new PI is detecting small flake that a VLF will do then there’s no reason to take multiple detectors with you anymore. Then it just boils down to how deep do you wanna dig for really small gold?  So I could see this being like an equinox versus CTX.  If you want something lite and simple but has less control and bells and whistle‘s then go with the 6000. If you want more control more bells and whistles then go with the Z.  The other kicker though is at least the new 6000 has coil choices per se.  

I mean in all reality do we really need any more sensitive machines? I don’t really think that is the case. I think that their new technology behind it is all about eliminating the noise (EMI, Ground, etc.) that could reveal a few small pieces that were left behind or open up maybe some new ground that possibly the Z could not handle. Otherwise what do you want to dig and how deep are you willing to go?

Atthe moment I am in a wait-and-see pattern. It might even be more beneficial to wait and see if they can use the new Geo sense technology to eliminate noise into a ZVT type technology for the ultimate machine. 🤷‍♂️

I know that Minelab is trying to maximize profit, any business is going to want to do that. But in reality can you really afford $14,000 in metal detectors if you were to buy both? For $14,000 I would rather buy a new RZR to get me to new gold patches that have been out of reach, instead of going over old areas that might only produce a few more nuggets. And probably mostly  small nuggets at a deeper depth.  We all know that at old patches the easy gold is gone.  

Just my opinion.  And everything is speculation. You’ll never know like everybody says until we actually see some field performance, reviews and comparisons.  However I would love to give one a try just to see what it’s like, everybody loves playing with a new toy 😊😊

13 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Here is the complete comparison including GPZ. Sorry for the blurred picture.Capture.JPG.6fda2beec8696ceed03d25d2b4ddfe97.JPG

Interesting in the first chart that they cut out the Z but now they have a chart with the Z. 🤔🤔

If we read into this chart a little bit more it sure opens up a lot of reasons why things were not done by Minelab in the past. It’s pretty obvious to see that a small coil was never going to come out for the Z based on the fact that it would’ve gotten the same results as an SDC. Why invest in something that would eliminate a product line that you already have them in production with (we all speculated this but now you can see it).   I am also willing to bet that we will never see any smaller coils for the Z at least in the 10 inch range from folks like nugget finder, coiltek or other companies that partner with Minelab. Otherwise that would cut into the sales of the new GPX6000 and not be good for small gold anyways according to the chart.  So how would a even newer machine even get involved with this. It’s going to be a machine that has five stars for everything and the GPX6000 is just about there. Therefore the conclusion that I can make is that the GPZ8000 will be the full 5 star machine.  Otherwise why would you buy anything less? Or they end up changing the charts in the next few years or put out different charts for marketing purposes🤣. Thoughts?

How do you sell a redundant product?  That is my thought.

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

How do you sell a redundant product?  That is my thought.

Well with metal detectors I haven’t completely figured that out yet. But for iPhones (and computers for that matter) I only look at three things. Processor speed, storage space, and battery life. The rest of it it’s just gravy unless you’re using it for a very specific purpose. I’m sure there’s some underlying thing like this with metal detectors.  at the moment I believe it sensitivity, noise (emi, ground, etc), and ease of use (that can include ergonomics).  🤷‍♂️

To achieve those full 5 stars across the board maybe they’ll be like what the Nox multi frequency detector is, except it will be like a combination of PI and ZVT all playing at the same time. Then you’ll get all five stars according to the chart 🤣.  Is that even doable? I bet Bruce Candy will figure it out 😄!  From my understanding he is like the Steve Jobs of Minelab. Unfortunately once Steve left us, iPhones have just become stale.

I think the star-rating is only one part of the equation. Each of these machines have unique features that justify their mutual existence IMO. GM as a super light VLF representative with iron probability meter (although you can argue that the Nox 800 eats into it...), the SDC for its compact size and being water-proof, the 5000 for it's coil versatility and "settings maze", the 6000 for a light weight option with a presumed performance advantage for small and medium nuggets including the 14DD for difficult EMI/conductivity, and the GPZ for deeper bigger nuggets in challenging grounds in open fields. I guess we need to own them all! 😁

43 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Otherwise that would cut into the sales of the new GPX6000 and not be good for small gold anyways according to the chart.

Conversely, the lack of 17" mono in the US and Australia might be so that the 6000 doesn't cut too far into the 7000 sales and/or performance. I honestly don't see why it couldn't in theory equal or outperform the 7k on depth on all nuggets with a full array of coils 11, 14DD and 17, based on what we know so far and prior detector/coil performance. Namely because you can come close already with a 4500 and enough coils, which is obsolete tech in my book.

That star chart says nothing about coils, it could be with the 11" mono against the Z14 for all we know.

I'm kinda surprised I'm the only one coming to this conclusion here...? Has no one ever tested a 20" bundle wound mono on the 4500 against the 7000? It's not like it's hard for a PI to hit 1/4 oz+ nuggets at depth equaling or exceeding the GPZ with a PI with a big enough coil. Add in spiral coils, that distance narrows and you can go smaller. Soup that PI up even more with modern ground/EMI filtering, then logically it has to be capable of being equal or better with a smaller mono (like the 17") than 19" or 20" on a 4500. Assuming RX gain isn't limited.

Hopefully they offer all sizes coil in all places of the world. It would suck to see the 17" limited by country.

I've said my piece there why I think that though, so I'll shut up about it now. :laugh: